E3 2011

All conferences were pretty shit overall (so far). Sony was the least shittiest because of Uncharted 3. Microsoft focused too much on Kinect/kiddie games bullshit and Sony focused too much on Move/3D bullshit. :glare:

Let's see how Nintendo handles the announcement of their new console. I'm predicting it will be surprising, but the rest of the show will be shit, just like every other conference.

All conferences were pretty shit overall (so far). Sony was the least shittiest because of Uncharted 3. Microsoft focused too much on Kinect/kiddie games bullshit and Sony focused too much on Move/3D/Vita bullshit. :glare:

Let's see how Nintendo handles the announcement of their new console. I'm predicting it will be surprising, but the rest of the show will be shit, just like every other conference.

FTFY.

Of course, imo. Honestly though, I don't think they crammed as much Move and NGP down our throats as MS did with Kinect. It's still frustratng (I have a Move and they pushed it too much :lol:) but it was somewhat tolerable to me.

I don't really care for Vita or for whatever Nintendo has. All I want right now is gameplay from Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and most importantly, F1 2011. I want to SEE this safety car. I won't believe it until I see it.

Just found out the 3DS is $249. Nice 'move' Sony.

I honestly think it's a rather brilliant move*, as it deprives Nintendo of a pricing advantage. In fact, it makes Sony look better, as for the same price, you get better graphics, that second joystick, features that can genuinely (and less obtrusively) be used for actual play mechanics (As groundbreaking as the 3DS is, the 3D screen is rather gimmicky.) Basically, it give Sony the chance to look like the better value for that price range.

Then again, I'm just speculating. Here, have some salt.

*Assuming you were being sarcastic/scathing. I can't tell.

Please keep specific game discussions to their own threads. Just because a game is at E3 doesn't mean it should just get lumped into one big thread like this.

Roger doger, can do/done good buddy. That doesn't mean that we won't lightly discuss specifics in here though, since the information is specifically from E3, but yeah no long discussions on one game / thing.

I feel a 360 price drop coming, the question is when. MS spent their whole press conference on kinect, but that doesn't rule it out yet. And Vita is a crap name, now we wait and see if Nintendo can out crap Sony on the name game.

Last edited:
*Assuming you were being sarcastic/scathing. I can't tell.

I wanted to drop the word move somewhere. :p It's a fantastic price.
Like you've mentioned it shows how badly Nintendo messed their pricing up.
I suspect a price drop announcement today $199.

In Europe the 3DS is around 220 Euros and ?209. We expect to be shafted in the UK, we just hope it isn't a ?249/?300. Which is ?50/?100 more than a PS3.

I love the Move, it works and it is 1-to-1, but theres no games and they showed nothing of intrest to me here. Where's Sports Champions 2? That would be lazy for them to do, but the first one is great.
Also they need to announce a Monster Hunter Vita game, that will sell billions in Japan.

The Nintendo conference is gonna be really interesting, whats the controller like? Wii compatable? DVD? New Super Mario Wii 2?
Apart from the NES-SNES all Nintendo home consoles have had different names. Will this be as stupid as the last?
They gotta announce some games for the 3DS, theres nothing out that people want.

Last edited:
I reckon AUD$499 and $599 on launch

I reckon AUD$499 and $599 on launch

Australia is the only country that seems to get screwed over more than us, isn't it always cheaper for you guy to import games too? and the only way you can actually get some games?

Nintendo in 30 minutes, every feed except Sony's was dreadful yesterday, I'm gonna try the Nintendo one first.

the wifi only PSV is going to be $249 and 249EUR, woo being european means you get to pay $100 dollars more. The UK is going to get it even worse.

Australia is the only country that seems to get screwed over more than us, isn't it always cheaper for you guy to import games too? and the only way you can actually get some games?

Nintendo in 30 minutes, every feed except Sony's was dreadful yesterday, I'm gonna try the Nintendo one first.

Yep. Better to buy online here. Australia sucks when it comes to buying stuff since everything is more expensive here. I got my Mortal Combat through a friend who went to Singapore.

Dead Island and Brothers in Arms would probably be banned here too based on their gore content. It doesn't matter. i'll be buying them online anyway.

going back to E3.... FORZA 4!!!!!!!!!!!! HALO4!!!!!!! BF3!!!!!!!!!! MW3!!!!!!!!! GRAW3!!!!!!! im gonna be broke! :|

I don't know why some people here are throwing so much hate on the Kinect when it actually shows a lot of promise. This is the differentiation that MS is trying to set from its PC counterparts. Call it a Wii wannabe/child come on but it works. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Look at how android copied apple, and now iOS5 is copying some of android's features.

Plus E3 this year seems better than last year due to the number of high profile games being released.

The worst show i've seen so far was ubisoft's. Damn most of their games were pathetic :|

Anybody catch that Justine 'presenting' :blink: Who thought that was a good idea?
Nintendo are the only company that can keep it secrets.
Erm green stage? That ain't your colour.
Hate the translator talking at the same time.
A gold Wii remote, is no N64 gold controller.
The Zelda press conference.
"Deeper and wider" meme of e3. :lol:
"Wider appeal than Wii?" :blink:
Didn't see Mario Kart 3DS happening :p
Luigi mansion 3DS
I wouldnt brag about that camera Reggie.
Super Mario 3DS
Did Reggie basically say people want old franchises in 3D?
Driver looked like PS1 graphics. :lol:
Free Pokedex 3d... Orders 3DS. :)
Nintendo WiiU. :lol: Worst name ever.
Massive controller,
Thats a Wii with tablet.
Expensive ass controller.
720p?
Battery life?
The Wii was a Gamecube in a hat, this is a Wii in a hat?
Smash brothers for 3DS and WiiU
What the fuck was the bird fish?
New Super Mario Brothers Mii. :lol:
Lego City Stories, Rockstar want their name back.
Tekken WiiU... Noooooooo.
You cant play for more than a few hours nonstop on that controller? Weight and arm distance.
Controllers need to be child destruction proof, and child sticky fingers proof.

Last edited:
They should have showed the Wii U console in the presentation. I was quite confused how just a tablet like controller would have the hardware for some of those games.

The good news, you only need to buy one controller.
The bad news, it only supports one controller. *High five Nintendo. :lol:

From Destructoid...
The Wii U can output up to 1080p video via HDMI, and it can handle one tablet controller plus as many as four Wii Remotes or Wii Remote Plus wands. (In fact, the Wii U is backward compatible with all Wii games and accessories. It also is singletouch and can only be used in the same room as the console.

Last edited:
I also don't understand why they didn't talk about the actual console at all; they just showed it in pictures beside a large TV. I would've liked to hear some specs, but all they talked about is that "controller".

Did anyone see the Game Trailers interview with Jack Tretton (CEO of Sony America)? The presenter asked him about Agent and he said that it is being worked on, but isn't sure anymore that it's gonna be a PS3 exclusive. He basically said "you'll have to ask Take 2/Rockstar.".

Did anyone see the Game Trailers interview with Jack Tretton (CEO of Sony America)? The presenter asked him about Agent and he said that it is being worked on, but isn't sure anymore that it's gonna be a PS3 exclusive. He basically said "you'll have to ask Take 2/Rockstar.".

I caught the end when they boned him. "Ok now lets ask the chat, about the new Nintendo console." Then that stupid iphone bitch started trying to talk.

Regarding Rockstar, some say we have a Rockstar staff member on the forum. :D I wish he would break his non-disclosure contract.

I also don't understand why they didn't talk about the actual console at all; they just showed it in pictures beside a large TV. I would've liked to hear some specs, but all they talked about is that "controller".

Whoah, hold the boat here. Sony invested a good portion of money into L.A. Noire being an exclusive, then Rockstar took Team Bondi and I was under the impression that in exchange for Noire going multi-plat, Agent would be PS3 only, to compensate for the funding Sony did for several years for Noire. Jack better be toying with us...or maybe that R* member can say something...but I doubt it.

On the Wii U thing, not that I really care that much, but only one of them bricks can be with the console at a time? So everyone else uses regular wiimotes?