Eccelestone Mugged, Taken to Hospital

pfrocker

Was not sure where to put this news, don't know if it deserves it own thread. So Bernie is in hospital with head injuries after being robbed in his house. I know I have my differences with him, but I will never wish anyone harm. Hope he recovers and maybe that knock on his head makes him sane and sensible.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/11/26/ecclestone-taken-to-hospital-after-london-mugging/
Ecclestone taken to hospital after mugging
26 November 2010 by Keith Collantine

Bernie Ecclestone

Several newspapers are reporting that Bernie Ecclestone was mugged in London yesterday night.

Ecclestone and girlfriend Fabiana Flosi had jewellery worth ?200,000 stolen from them.

Ecclestone, who turned 80 last month, had to be taken to hospital with a head injury.

In 1996 thieves broke into Ecclestone?s house while he was at home with his family, punching and kicking him before stealing a ring from his (now former) wife Slavica.

Last month Jenson Button was the target of muggers during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend. Ecclestone played down the incident at the time.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

But in all seriousness, that's a low act..

Injuries are minor thankfully. It's such a low act to do that to someone, especially one who's 80 years old, even if it is Bernie.

Somewhere, accompanied by women dressed in questionable outfits, a certain Max is smiling.

Now he knows how the rest of F1 has felt for the last 30 years...

Ok, I know, i'm going...

I don't fell much sympathy for him...don't care about it either.

Oh no, the Ninth Doctor is hurt! Oh, Ecclestone? Carry on then.

maybe that knock on his head makes him sane and sensible

You have to chuckle though, after his comments regarding the armed attacks on Jenson Button, Lucas di Grassi, and some Sauber engineers:

"I think they look for victims who are not too bright," Ecclestone said. "All the people who have been robbed seem to be people outside the top 10 of the grid. Maybe that's what they target, I don't know."

"You have to remember we have a lot of problems in England, Oxford Street and places, and in New York people get mugged. They look for victims, they look for people who are a little bit slow and simple, but the people who look a bit bright, they never go after them."

Hurr he's been mugging F1 for years so now it's his turn durr

Mugging an 80 year old man, no matter how rich and douchey he may be, is still a despicable, callous act.

when i first read it, i thought someone mugged him - only leaving him with demands to retire or they shall return. I didn't hear of those comments by bernie though - haha ironic.

anyways, as long as he's alright. though I do think many circuit owners/team bosses/commerical companies have now been shown the only way to get money out of bernie..

You have to chuckle though, after his comments regarding the armed attacks on Jenson Button, Lucas di Grassi, and some Sauber engineers:

Haha I totally came here to point that out, you beat me to it.
Well I don't have much sympathy. I'd have done it myself if I was in the right place at the right time and thought I could get away with it. 200k for the possessions he can easily replace, plus the million bucks feeling for punching him in the face. Sign me up?

I'd care, but for his comments about Jenson and di Grassi's incidents in Brazil.

Assaulting a 80 year old man is low.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/11/27/article-1333608-0C414058000005DC-555_468x425.jpg

LOL nice gif. But still...attacking and robbing an old person is pretty pathetic.

:lol:
EcclstoneLineUp.jpg