Eggs!

I can't eat eggs. Hate them. No hippie-stuff, taste-and-texture-wise.

^^ My dad tells me don't overdo the pepper, but freshly ground pepper is heavenly with eggs, i went through three different shakers to get one that applies it right.

Lox, eggs and onion. Sautee some onion dice, crack three eggs into a bowl and add a dash of milk. Scramble. Then spread onions evenly around pan as they sautee (and use plenty of butter), then dump the eggs in. Prepare the egg/onion mix as if it is an omelet (which it is to be honest). Shred some lox (scottish, nova, alaska, whatever) and then sprinkle evenly and fold the omelet over. Cook for a minute or two and then serve.

I always liked egg in toast. So when I saw V make it for Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta it was hillarious. It has been a while since i've had eggs for breakfast though.

I don't really like eggs anymore, but I use to love them.

Nowadays I only eat them with lots of other stuff.

I especially love using left over steak and potatoes. Scramble 2 eggs with a dash of milk, and maybe some minced cilantro. Dice up a baked potato and brown it in a frying pan with some butter. Dice up some left over steak and add to the pan. Pour eggs mixture over and cook. I usually like some salsa on top, but heavy dose of Tapatio and salt work great too.

Ok, there are hundreds of ways to cook eggs. From what I have seen most people have just one or two favorites that they make themselves. Even the humble scrambled egg should not be dismissed, as it's harder to make properly than people think (if you've ever had a properly scrambled egg, you know what I'm on about).

So what are your specialties and favorites? No poll because there are just too many options to list.

I have two.
The Cream Cheese Eggs - Bell peppers, green onions, and diced ham, sauteed in butter. Cover with scrambled eggs to make an omelet. Season with a few herbs or salt and pepper as desired. When done, serve folded over a spoon full of cream cheese, top with salsa - hot sauce is optional, but I like a dash of Cholula. (I found this is a hit after... uh, how do a put this - an "active" night in.)

The Open Face - Two slices of wheat toast, lightly buttered topped with three eggs over easy. Salt and pepper and Cholula or green Tabasco.

Ok, one more:
The College Breakfast - I taught the kitchen to make this for me when I was an undergrad.
One croissant, cut down the middle (like a sandwich bun) and placed on the grill to toast it. Make a sandwich containing one fried egg, a slice of cheddar, salt, pepper, a dash of hot sauce. A slice of tomato is nice in there too.

You are awesome! I was thinking about making a thread dedicated to eggs, but it seems my work has been done for me. I might post up a few of my favourite eggs when I get around to it.

What an eggsellent thread, I think eggs really are quite eggsquisite and eggstremely delicious. I'm particularly partial to scrambled eggs and an egg in toast. And that's no yolk ;)

What an eggsellent thread, I think eggs really are quite eggsquisite and eggstremely delicious. I'm particularly partial to scrambled eggs and an egg in toast. And that's no yolk ;)

What an eggstraordinary post.

^^ Yolk?

I like toasted cheese sandwiches with a fried egg in - had one at 3:30 on Sunday morning after work, perfect middle of the night food. I also like Chinese egg tarts, and french toast with bacon and maple syrup.

I love omelets. Infact I feel like a Spanish omelet (Tortilla de patatas) for lunch someday soon.