Egyptians Back in the Slave Trade

Human trafficking is actually still happening all over the world (227 countries accord. to national geographic) Apparently you can buy an Indian woman fer $4k

So two people from Egypt got arrested for enslaving a 10-year old girl? Doesn't exactly mean that the entire country is back in the slave business.

movie-10commandments-05.jpg

ugh...
well you can only fix crimes in america...
b/c even if slavery happens in 3rd world countries...
it does not matter... because either you dont know anything about it or ya cant fix it

Er...it's about one isolated fucked-up case in America, that just happens to have been done by Egyptian people. So the thread title is out of proportion (but if it's a joke, then pff, whatevarrr).

This reminds me of a (likely false!) story that I heard; some school was doing fundraising to 'buy the freedom' of slaves' from some 3rd world hell hole, essentially buying them and setting them free right after as a good deed.

One of the students attempted to keep his.

So two people from Egypt got arrested for enslaving a 10-year old girl? Doesn't exactly mean that the entire country is back in the slave business.

Nor did anyone say that. Way to jump to conclusions.

The title reads "Egyptians back in the slave trade"

To me that sounds like you are generalizing all Egyptians, which would then in a sense be the country of Egypt, where Egytians are found.

I can see where BlaRo would jump to that conclusion.