Endurance racing 2016

They've been trying to consolidate their power over endurance racing. To some extent I understand them. Their current problem is IMSA's series is way more popular and succesfull, becuse it has healthy numbers in all its classes + GT3/D. Current WEC only has healthy numbers in LMP2, GTE are losing manufacturers with Corvette and BMW not racing in Europe and internationaly anymore.

Last edited:
If only the ACO wouldn't be as stubborn and would allow the GT3 into it's races. They've thrown the GT3 out of ELMS since 2016 which was a huge mistake ...

Are you sure they kicked GT3 out and wasnt a problem with SRO not giving them the rights? Another problem could be they did not have enough entries becuse blancpain GT series and VLN are more and more popular and people want to drive there. Thats another problem ELMS/ACO have that IMSA does not.
Harris has been tweeting he wants Blaincpain in lemans. I've got to say I'm against, last time I watched Blancpain in 2014 I think, the driving standards were abysmal.

Last edited:
IMO, the issue with "Tier One" championships like F1 and WEC is that they are designed to appeal to large automobile manufacturers so they encourage huge spending. The manufacturers are willing to spend that money if they can win, but if they're either too successful (Audi in WEC) or not successful enough (Toyota in F1), there is a real risk they leave. And if too many leave, then the championship is crippled or even killed (WSC / Group C and IMSA GTP in the mid-1990s).

It's a function of success... if a "Tier 2" suddenly started getting very popular and got televised all over, then it means it's good for advertising and you'd have all the big teams lined up to get their logos in people's screens too.

Anyone remember this from the race start?

20615562_1509695732383871_5648884374730437381_o.jpg

20543563_1510320952321349_6565319629173089801_o.jpg

Well, here's the onboard Jockelcam.

Also, did someone in Spa see this?

fo7eXej.png

Can't recall ever seeing this with a GT car there. 1:24 in the video

i think it's a no brainer to have le mans as the season final, and they've been trying to achieve that for years without success
if they can do it with creating this superseason, i'm all for it