Endurance Racing 2019

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
The VLN (endurance series on the Nordschleife) is on as well:

Usually they start at noon, but apparently the fog in the Eifel weather was so dense that they postponed the race and the formation lap is just underway. The second starting group just went onto the Nordschleife, the third group just went over the start-finish-straight. Should be 4 hours 2 1/2 hours still so 15:30h to 19:30h CET 18:00h CET since apparently racing has to be stopped by 18:05h...

Last edited:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
VLN2 will start soon:

Until one hour ago it was sunny, but currently it's snowing instead of being foggy as in VLN1... :-|

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
...and VLN2 has been halted since the conditions worsened and many cars which didn't change for wet weather tires slipped off. There is even an ambulance on the track...

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I've been watching the first evening of the Citroën C1 Racing Club 24 Hour from Silverstone, great racing in the daylight but as you'd expect there isn't as much to watch in the dark. 99 cars started, I think it should've been 100 to celebrate Citroën's centenary but that's still an impressive number. It means you're rarely looking at an empty track.

These things are almost completely standard underneath, the only changes made are for safety and weight saving so they lean in the corners and the tyres squeal in pain in every turn. :lol:

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
I've been watching the first evening of the Citroën C1 Racing Club 24 Hour from Silverstone
why? :D

F1, F2, FE, motoGP, WSBK, indycar, super formula, ....booooooooring! i'll just watch some C1's throdding around! :unsure:
(those are the series i'm following atm, with half an eye on WEC, WRC, worldRX and super GT)

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
anyone else totally torn on WEC atm?

fuck you ACO, with your EoT and BoP; besides toyota, none of the LMP1 teams have a shot at victory!
***first practise session at spa happens
toyota only 3 and 4??? that's not right! toyota should be at the front!

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
anyone else getting seriously fed up with all the EoT and BoP tinckering?
i just doesn't work! i can't wait till they throw it out!

and hopefully with the next ruleset, there again will be some freedom in strategy. if you ask me, the mandated stint length is the stupidest decision ever made, why not just hold a procession at fixed speeds?

jack_christie

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
I can't be bothered to see Toyota cruise to victory...but I am interested in some race updates!

Anyone knows a yt channel that makes hourly updates?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk