Endurance Racing 2019

I can't be bothered to see Toyota cruise to victory...but I am interested in some race updates!

Anyone knows a yt channel that makes hourly updates?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
The way I think about it is LMP1 starts after the Toyotas, so 3rd place is my winner anyways. Also, other classes are much more interesting than LMP1, GT Pro has had insane racing for 20 hours now, non stop action.

Unbelievable that Toyota changed the wrong wheel on #7, so it had to come back in and lose the win!

The way I think about it is LMP1 starts after the Toyotas, so 3rd place is my winner anyways. Also, other classes are much more interesting than LMP1, GT Pro has had insane racing for 20 hours now, non stop action.

if you slow down everyone so the snail of the pack can keep up, you'll get close racing
or an orchestrated parade, depends on the way you look at it...

Keating also lost his win.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/keating-ford-penalised-loses-win/4476619/

I have many thoughts on this - the office is also buzzing regarding all this.

Other than that, watching the race was just.... incredible. We stayed at the track for about 19-20 of the 24 hours. Of that time we actively watched the race for about 5-6 hours and spend the rest of the time wandering around the fan village, walking around the track, looking at cool/crazy cars in the campground lots, eating, drinking etc. Its just an otherworldly experience with the way you hear the cars go by every couple of seconds. I'll need to go through the near 1000 photos and videos I took and post the highlights on here. Definitely want to go back, maybe not next year because who knows how the new Hypercar class will workout in the debut year, but maybe in 2021.

Yeah, some people are saying the French had it out for the Americans this year. lol

Even the crash that took out the first Corvette was blamed on the Chevy, with a 7 thousand euro fine and 6 penalty points for Marcel Fassler. Here is a video of the crash:

I think that was a bad call, but I suppose I am biased, being a Corvette Racing fan.

Last edited:
I heard that the ACO asked Ford to come back next year as a factory team and got real sore that there are no current plans for a Ford hypercar.

At least the GTs will keep running. Keating has already expressed desire to come back with his car, and hopefully there will be more customer teams.

peugeot announced they will participate in WEC in 2022!
i can't wait for the hypercars regulations to come active
and can't wait for current fucked up rules to be binned completely