Energy drinks for a LeMons road trip

I just picked up a regular NOS, it tastes FAR better than the typical energy drink, but it tastes like tangerines.

I love how it tastes because it tastes distinctly like grapefruit. IMO one of the most flavourful energy drinks out there compared to, say, Monster or Rockstar drinks

I also saw that Drank at the store, but I think I'll pass. It looked like American Idol in a can.

I actually found out the 7-11s here sell it, so I got one.. but I never found an appropriate time to drink it yet. If you by chance do buy Drank, suggestively you shouldn't drink it before you drive because it contains Melatonin; I don't know how hard it kicks in but I guess you'll find out when you drink one...

I just picked up a regular NOS, it tastes FAR better than the typical energy drink, but it tastes like tangerines. Not a horrific flavor, but I can choke it down. I found the grape and fruit punch flavors at the store tonight so I'll give them a try once they're cold. If they taste good then I'll stick with a couple of them for the road trip.

I also saw that Drank at the store, but I think I'll pass. It looked like American Idol in a can.

Did it do what it is intended to do, though?

Did it do what it is intended to do, though?

I didn't drink the whole thing, this was mostly a taste test, but with the amount of crap it has inside it there should some sort of effect.

If you by chance do buy Drank, suggestively you shouldn't drink it before you drive because it contains Melatonin; I don't know how hard it kicks in but I guess you'll find out when you drink one...

Melatonin will put you to sleep. It's a herbal supplement just for that purpose.

weird, I'm a 105lb guy and the only time I ever felt anything from an energy drink was from a one liter bottle of red rain. Tastes like a smooth red bull but apparently gives me energy.

If no others work I'd look for it.

weird, I'm a 105lb guy and the only time I ever felt anything from an energy drink was from a one liter bottle of red rain. Tastes like a smooth red bull but apparently gives me energy.

If no others work I'd look for it.

I'm a 6'6 300lb guy, and it takes a lot of anything to really effect me.

I also just tried the fruit punch NOS, much better flavor than the standard one.

Considering you don't really like energy drinks did this alternative ever cross your mind?

starbucks_cup.jpg

I'm not a big fan of coffee, and I REFUSE to pay that much for a cup of it. I love the smell of fresh ground coffee beans, but I'm not a fan of the taste. If I ever drink coffee, then it's the $1.45 cupacino from the gas station, and I'm fine with it. But even if I liked coffee, I couldn't drink it on a road trip, reason being when I unfold the cup holder from the center console my right need ends up resting on the edge of it and it hurts like hell in no time. I need something with a cap that I can cover and toss on the floor or passenger seat after a quick swig.

Fair enough. And I was just referring to coffee in general. My personal suggestion is just regular old CocaCola however. I did a 10 hour drive last summer and energy drinks would've made me "crash" while smaller, more frequent doses of caffeine kept me awake.

I too suggest coffee, however I'm now used to the fact that there are indeed people out there who don't like it :p So my other suggestion is ...Lost. It was the first energy drink I ever had and while I don't drink them anymore, as they've lost their effects on me, that stuff practically wired me awake for a day straight.

If you haven't tried the "other" Monster flavors, I recommend giving those a shot. The "normal" green one just sucks ass. If you like orange soda, the orange one is rather bitchin'. It's essentially mountain dew livewire with an extra helping of caffeine. There's also one that's indistinguishable from lemonade. I advise heavily against the purple one because it's just sickly sweet.

However I question your man-credentials because you don't like Bawls? Seriously? It's ginger ale for MEN. (No, seriously. Guarana soda is a staple in South America, apparently.) When I go on one of my crazy out-west benders, I always have a couple cases of the shit shipped ahead of me (part 1 of this game involves counting to see how many cans UPS managed to burst).

With respect to everyone saying energy drinks make you crash - it's largely a tolerance thing. Once your body has figured out "oh hey you give me all this caffeine in this massive lump and then NOTHING!?!?!?" the crash goes away and becomes a long, sustained thing. Also, eating something MASSIVE just before you start your energy drink bender helps.

Last edited:
I think I'll be sticking with the NOS, I tried the fruit punch and it wasn't that bad, still haven't gotten to the grape though.

I can tell you from experience the Grape NOS only sells well in the ghetto, check those dates. Actually, sells might not be the right word, how about disappears.

These work very, very well for me:

312-ov5oTfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can tell you from experience the Grape NOS only sells well in the ghetto, check those dates. Actually, sells might not be the right word, how about disappears.

I tried a few sips of the grape this morning, tastes like a really harsh version of the cheapest grape soda you can find, I could drink it easier than the normal flavor but I think I'll stick with the fruit punch.

SPIKEShotgun16oz.jpg

My brother just bought this, apparently it has 33,333% of your daily B12 :lol:

Re: Energy drinks for a LeMons road trip

I like how no one has mentioned red bull. I take it the general concensus is that it fails?

I used to have it in high school right before tournaments so I'd be hyped up. It really didn't help that the 7-11 was right next to our school.

Lately I can't stand the stuff. It puts me to sleep. And then of course you wake up all fucked up because you went to sleep with caffeine and taurine in your system.

PussyDrink.jpg

Forget the name - The stuff tastes nice, and actually works for me.