EPL 2011/12 Thread - English Premier League

Not suprised. We are not really good enough and havent been good enough the last 2 years at least. But there are 2 more games and city have to win them. Hopefully Newcastle might be able to cause trouble. But one thing is for sure, we need a few new signings and atleast one, maybe two established players with experience.

Worry for non Man Utd supporters is that they seem to have loads of yoof players coming up through to their first team! Future looks bright for the Reds. Man City will need to spend, a la Chelsea, to keep up!

Monday 30th April 2012

Man City 1-0 Man Utd

A bit of a tense match to start off with. Good time to score the goal. Not a great game, but these sort of derbys seldom are entertaining, especially given what is at stake for this one.

Utd. were not at their best and City showed a bit more and desreved to win. (Sir Alex said as much as well post motch interview.) LOL at the touch line "handbags" between the two Managers.

Not over yet, but City in the driving seat, maybe.

:)

unamused_blink.gif

Young players are great to have, but they need to be matched with experienced players. Otherwise you end up with Arsenal. Doing great most of the season and winning nothing.

Jesus...Cisse certainly doesn't have a habit for ugly goals.

untitled-8zjkh2.gif

Oh holy wow. Goal of the year contender for sure, especially if they finish in 4th.

Comon Newcastle! Keep that up against City!

Wednesday 2nd May 2012

Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle
Bolton 1-4 Tottenham

Comon Newcastle! Keep that up against City!

Great looking goal by Cisse, he has scored a lot this year.

Last home game of the season for "The Toon" against City, should be a lot of noise anyway. They could do Man U a big favour, who knows! The whole darn season has been quite unpredictable.

Bad night for Bolton, good for Spurs who could still sneak third place from the Gunners. (Sorry Guys. :sad:)

Wont happen. I'm going to bet that 1 point difference will make a difference.

EPL last sprint is very interesting both at the top and bottom of the table. Bolton look to be in trouble so I now think Wolves (er right), Bolton and Blackburn for the drop.

Can anyone tell me what happened to justify that 10 minute overtime? I skipped by the channel that was broadcasting it here late on, and was quite surprised by the score and the extra time. :lol:

Head injury to Tiote.

OH HOLY COME ON...

WORST POSSIBLE RESULT If we get bounced from the Champions League because of this...

Sunday 6th May 2012

Newcastle 0-2 Man City
Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham
Bolton 2-2 West Brom
Fulham 2-1 Sunderland

QPR 1-0 Stoke
Wolves 0-0 Everton
Man Utd 2-0 Swansea

Saturday 5th May 2012

Arsenal 3-3 Norwich

At the top, it looks like City.
Spurs & Arsenal both still in with a shout for third in EPL and the UCL place plus the ?millions that go with it.
At the foot of the table, drama, chaos and mayhem.
Bolton throw away a two goal lead and then QPR get a last minute winner. Blackburn are at home on Monday to Wigan, more drama and tears to follow.
Next Sunday, Wigan have the "best" last game against Wolves and QPR the most difficult vs. Man City.

OH HOLY COME ON...

WORST POSSIBLE RESULT If we get bounced from the Champions League because of this...

.. and then Spurs get a draw as well!

:)

Last edited:
I don't really see City stumbling now. But who knows, it's been a weird season.