EPL 2013/14 - The English Premier League Thread

"Dangerous conduct?" by Ameobi, dunno why the sub got sent off as well. Rash tackle or smthg?

Pardew will have to go, Newcastle will be after Ponchetino or his like. Two sent off in the last game, when Newcastle didn't need to do anything, just about sums up their season and his coaching. :rolleyes:

"Dangerous conduct?" by Ameobi, dunno why the sub got sent off as well. Rash tackle or smthg?

Dangerous conduct? Without sound it was hard to see, looked like he was arguing a bit and the ref eventually went 'stuff ya' and sent him off. As for the second, yeah very rash tackle. Obvious card, and red it was.

Very shambolic 10 minutes or so for Newcastle, you might be right about Pardew.

Sunday 11th May 2014

Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea
Fulham 2-2 Crystal Palace
Hull 0-2 Everton
Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle

Man City 2-0 West Ham
Norwich 0-2 Arsenal
Southampton 1-1 Man Utd
Sunderland 1-3 Swansea

Tottenham 3-0 Aston Villa
West Brom 1-2 Stoke

* summary later after I seen all the highlights *

Dangerous conduct? Without sound it was hard to see, looked like he was arguing a bit and the ref eventually went 'stuff ya' and sent him off. As for the second, yeah very rash tackle. Obvious card, and red it was.

Very shambolic 10 minutes or so for Newcastle, you might be right about Pardew.

Yeah, I was watching the GP as well. busy afternoon for live sport!

Well, with Spurs getting sixth place, you've earnt a Europa League place and Thursday night footie next season. (Or Friday morning for you in Oz.)

So well done, for getting the last of the meaningful league positions. Man U and their fans would probably take that today, as they miss out on Euro football next season for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

And to the Toffees as well for getting 5th place, a good year for the whole city of Liverpool.

:smile:

It's a bit weird sitting here at the end of the season being disappointed coming 2nd in the league. How things have changed in such a short time - half a year ago a CL-spot was all I'd risk hoping for.

Now, get Xabi Alonso back.

Congratulations to Manchester City on their second EPL title!

I think something Liverpool severely lacked this year, was a no nonsense a*hole in the midfield. Something like we had with Mascherano, back int he Benitez days. Lucas does the job, sure (although he didn't play much, towards the end of the season), but he makes up for his lack of ability with heart and hard work.

Either ways, onwards and upwards! Liverpool had a fantastic season this year, and I have no right to complain about coming second. I really hope we can go one better, within the next 2-3 seasons

I'm just saying thank fuck this fiasco of a season is over. Now on to an exciting silly season!

This summer has potential to be quite hectic. United need to fix up their squad, Barcelona need to make quite a few new signings to strengthen up their defence, and to prepare for the likely transfer punishment. Liverpool need to prepare for European football next season, they need more depth in their squad if they want to remain competitive in all competitions. Both Chelsea and Real Madrid are likely to be looking for strikers, Arsenal are probably going to want to use some of that cash by now, and of course, who knows what Monaco and PSG have planned.

"There was bugger all wrong with this team when I left, so I'm taking no blame in this. Noo doot aboot that."?