Saturday 21st February 2015

Aston Villa 1-2 Stoke
Chelsea 1-1 Burnley
Crystal Palace 1-2 Arsenal
Hull 2-1 QPR

Man City 5-0 Newcastle
Sunderland 0-0 West Brom
Swansea 2-1 Man Utd

Chelsea started well and looked like they were going to win comfortably, then things went a bit wrong. Some controvesy, as ever, but Burnley did well to snach a point.

A comfortable cruise for Man C who just blew Newcastle away, by playing very well again. Inconsistancy is their problem, but good gain of two points on Chelsea.

Arsenal had a fighting win, going two up it should have been an easy day, but Palace got a goal late on to make it a lively end.

Dunno what was Man U's problem, the top players aren't doing well at the moment.

Sunday 22nd February 2015

Everton 2-2 Leicester
Southampton 0-2 Liverpool
Tottenham 2-2 West Ham

A very impressive away win for Liverpool against the Saints. Last season't mad goal fest has been changed by Coach Rodgers and Liverpool play and win a different way now. BBC Stat: Five away games with a "clean sheet" (no goals scored against) is the best away performance run by Liverpool since 1985.

A good fighting draw by Spurs as well, they are getting better, tougher to beat under Coach. Ponchitino

Saturday 28th February 2015

Burnley 0-1 Swansea
Man Utd 2-0 Sunderland
Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa
Stoke 1-0 Hull

West Brom 1-0 Southampton
West Ham 1-3 Crystal Palace

(Chelsea and Spurs are playing the English League Cup Final also)

EDIT:

Sunday 1st March 2015

Liverpool 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 2-0 Everton

A deserved win for Liverpool, with the scorline about fair. They were at Man C all the time and beleived they could get the win, and did! Coutinho was excellent as was Henderson.

Last edited:
Tuesday 3rd March 2015

Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom
Hull 1-1 Sunderland
Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace

Wednesday 4th March 2015

Liverpool 2-0 Burnley
Man City 2-0 Leicester
Newcastle 0-1 Man Utd
QPR 1-2 Arsenal

Stoke 2-0 Everton
Tottenham 3-2 Swansea
West Ham 0-1 Chelsea

From the mid-week full program, all the top clubs won and all the bottom clubs lost!

Liverpool are looking better now that Sturridge is back. :smile:

Saturday 14th March 2015

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham
Burnley 1-0 Man City
Crystal Palace 3-1 QPR
Leicester 0-0 Hull

Sunderland 0-4 Aston Villa
West Brom 1-0 Stoke

Arsenal were very good, as were Burnley & Palace.

Man City didn't really turn up in the game.

Sunday 15th March 2015

Chelsea 1-1 Southampton
Everton 3-0 Newcastle
Man Utd 3-0 Tottenham

Then, suddenly a wild Man U suddenly appeared! Having seemed to have been mostly elsewhere for a season and a half. Dunno what is stranger; that they played that way today or that they haven't been playing like the real Man U for a long time. LvG says injuries or smthng? :?

Monday 16th March 2015

Swansea 0-1 Liverpool

That's a good away win for Liverpool, their fifth win in a row. Good form!

10 matches to go, and a likely 9 point lead, I don't see how Chelsea can mess this up.

Yes, it looks like you guys are goning to win this year's EPL title, but don't count that game in hand as three points just yet. (Only a draw against the Swans on Sunday, wasn't great.)

However, for second place in the EPL:

Points totals so far.
Man C 58
Arsenal 57
Man U 56
Liverpool 54.

Very close and interesting. :think:

Then, suddenly a wild Man U suddenly appeared! Having seemed to have been mostly elsewhere for a season and a half. Dunno what is stranger; that they played that way today or that they haven't been playing like the real Man U for a long time. LvG says injuries or smthng? :?

Where did that first half come from?! I aint even mad!

Today was another good day. Happy with another 3 points! :)

Saturday 21st March 2015

Aston Villa 0-1 Swansea
Man City 3-0 West Brom
Newcastle 1-2 Arsenal
Southampton 2-0 Burnley

Stoke 1-2 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 4-3 Leicester
West Ham 1-0 Sunderland

Where did that first half come from?! I aint even mad!

Well, you got a win on Saturday, albeit a bit of a messy one. Last time Spurs were just unlucky to be the ones when the Man U beast came back to life.

Arsenal also got a win, but made harder work of it than they needed to really.

Good away win for Palace, who knew that Coach Pardew could do a good job? It wasn't always obvious at Newcastle.

Sunday 22nd March 2015

Hull 2-3 Chelsea
Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd
QPR 1-2 Everton

.. and Chelsea complete the London trio of turning a comfortable win into a drama. Good win in the end and Jose was pleased.

Today was another good day. Happy with another 3 points! :)

A lively game to be sure! Mata scored both and were top draw goals, worthy of the occaision. I didn't like all the rough tackles flying in and the needleing going on between the teams. But, a good and deserved win for Man U with LvG pleased too.

:smile:

I didn't like all the rough tackles flying in and the needleing going on between the teams. But, a good and deserved win for Man U with LvG pleased too.

Some of the tackles were pretty bad (Jones's tackle deserved more than a yellow but not quite a red...maybe an orange where the ref goes to the manager and says 'you have 30 seconds to substitute this player' :p) but what an entertaining game! Balotelli having to be restrained by members of the crowd was great! I dont like that Skyrtl got away with that awful boot in at the end, I've seen him play before, he's just a thug. Fellaini can be pretty dirty too. But it was entertaining, the rivalry between the two teams made the spectacle.

And what a stunning goal from Mata, the guy was on fire and more than once made Alberto Moreno look decidedly pedestrian*. Rooney was a bit anonymous and not to take anything away from Mignolet's fine save, should've done a lot better with that.

* was my candidate for ass of the match until Gerrard stepped in. Although it seemed Liverpool suddenly sat up and played better without him and down to 10 men than before! I thought the match was over by half time, and certainly when Mata scored his second, and it should've been, but Liverpool fought bravely.

Last edited:
I don't think Fellaini is particularly dirty/malicious, he's just a big gangly bloke who isn't always in total control of his legs. The needle was inevitable given the fixture and even if neither side is in contention for the title the ECL spots are still to play for. As it stands if United can put a good run together then the possibility is still there to finish second. Not ideal for a club of United's stature but given the problems faced with injuries in the first half of the season which made it hard for LVG to explore his best squad and formation I think it would be a creditable result. The fixtures against City and Arsenal are crucial for that and Chelsea aren't as invincible as their lead suggests so leaving the Bridge with 3 points isn't outside the realms of possibility.

I don't think Fellaini is particularly dirty/malicious, he's just a big gangly bloke who isn't always in total control of his legs.

Neither do I really, just a bit clumsy with the limbs or smthg.

The needle was inevitable given the fixture and even if neither side is in contention for the title the ECL spots are still to play for. As it stands if United can put a good run together then the possibility is still there to finish second. Not ideal for a club of United's stature but given the problems faced with injuries in the first half of the season which made it hard for LVG to explore his best squad and formation I think it would be a creditable result.

The fixtures against City and Arsenal are crucial for that and Chelsea aren't as invincible as their lead suggests so leaving the Bridge with 3 points isn't outside the realms of possibility.

If Chelsea start playing again like they were doing, then they will probably win the EPL title.

However, a couple or more, unexpected draws against a strong run from those close by and anything could happen at the end. It could even go down to the last day again.

I can't see the STIFs* crumbling that badly, not 6 points clear with a game in hand. It would take an Ebola outbreak at Stamford Bridge and playing the last few games with the Under 17s for that to happen.

*STIF - Small Team In Fulham. :D

Saturday 4th April 2015

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-1 Stoke
Everton 1-0 Southampton
Leicester 2-1 West Ham

Man Utd 3-1 Aston Villa
Swansea 3-1 Hull
West Brom 1-4 QPR

The Gunners were in very good form with that win against Liverpool, who looked somewhat overwhelmed. Not sure if this loss and that to Man U is just a blip or they have given up their UCL ambition.

Chelsea blues go marching on with a good if messy win. A great goal by Charlie Adam for Stoke from his OWN HALF of the field, find on Youtube. :cool:

Man U maintain whatever they are doing, which is still working. Wut? :?

Sunday 5th April 2015

Burnley 0-0 Tottenham
Sunderland 1-0 Newcastle

Spurs: dull!

Great finish by Jermain Defoe wins the most bonkers derby game in the EPL. (Probabaly. :p)

This might bring a smile to a few faces, particularly those familiar with the EPL....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-overrated-football-managers-in-pictures.html

This is just a wind-up piece by the Telegraf, the footbal equivalent of a "Straight Bananas, Demands EU". Another CROCK of HORSE SHIT story! :rolleyes:

United keep marching on. Although, next two games will be the real test as to how the system works. But it might be that it works even better against the better teams. One thing is for sure though, I don't dread the next games anymore. Actually looking forward to them :)

United keep marching on. Although, next two games will be the real test as to how the system works. But it might be that it works even better against the better teams. One thing is for sure though, I don't dread the next games anymore. Actually looking forward to them :)

Yeah, looking good for a UCL spot at present, but Everton may not be easy either.

Monday 6th April 2015

Crystal Palace 2-1 Man City

Pardew seems well matched to Palace, but Man C are "having one" at the moment and are down to fourth below United.

Tuesday 7th April 2015

Aston Villa 3-3 QPR

Saturday 11th April 2015

Burnley 0-1 Arsenal
Swansea 1-1 Everton
Southampton 2-0 Hull
Sunderland 1-4 Crystal Palace

Tottenham 0-1 Aston Villa
West Brom 2-3 Leicester
West Ham 1-1 Stoke

Arsenal kept thier good run going with a strigthforward win against Burnley, now eight wins in a row. Good form at a good time of the season.

Spurs however, seem to have lost their way at present. too much attention on Kane perhaps.

Leicester score three and win an away game, but are still probably doomed.

Sunday 12th April 2015

QPR 0-1 Chelsea
Man Utd 4-2 Man City

Wow, guess who are top dogs in Manchester now? City's wobble continues and they are slipping behind both Arsenal and Man U.

Order is restored. Manchester is red!

Reactions: MWF