EPL 2014/15 - The English Premier League Thread

Saturday 18th April 2015

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
Crystal Palace 0-2 West Brom
Everton 1-0 Burnley
Leicester 2-0 Swansea
Stoke 2-1 Southampton

After consdistantly loosing most games all season, Leicester win again for the third time in a row. But they are stil in the drop zone, though.
V. strange.

Very odd performance by Chelsea, Man U dominated possesion and played "their best game" of the season so far, according to LvG. However, Jose got the win he needed, so clever tactics by him.

(Liverpool, Arsenal & Villa were all playing FA Cup SFs this weekend, with Arsenal and Villa making the final in May.)

Sunday 19th April 2015

Man City 2-0 West Ham
Newcastle 1-3 Tottenham

Saturday 25th April 2015

Burnley 0-1 Leicester
Crystal Palace 0-2 Hull
Man City 3-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-3 Swansea

QPR 0-0 West Ham
Southampton 2-2 Tottenham
Stoke 1-1 Sunderland
West Brom 0-0 Liverpool

Leicester now have their fourth win in a row, this from a team who couldn't get a point for weeks. they may even remain in the EPL. Football: I don't undertand it at all. :rolleyes:

Sunday 26th April 2015

Everton 3-0 Man Utd
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea

Jose got the tactics correct again, very solid performance from Chelsea with no strikers to speak of.

Man U not very good today, Everton looked like they wanted the win more a played very well.

Tuesday 28th April 2015

Hull 1-0 Liverpool

Wednesday 29th April 2015

Leicester 1-3 Chelsea

Last edited:
And Chelsea are the EPL champions for 2014/15!

Promoted to next year's EPL will be Bournemouth FC, a small seaside town on the south coast facing France and Watford FC which is located just NW of London.

Wiki said:
Watford is currently owned by the Pozzo family, which also owns Udinese Calcio in Italy and Granada CF in Spain.

Saturday 2nd May 2015

Aston Villa 3-2 Everton
Leicester 3-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 2-1 QPR
Man Utd 0-1 West Brom

Sunderland 2-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-0 Stoke
West Ham 1-0 Burnley

Wins for Sunderland, Leicester and Villa, now make it just a two point gap at the bottom with Newcatle in there too. Hull maybe as well if they can't beat Arsenal on Monday.

QPR & Burnley are adrift, it seems.

Sunday 3rd May 2015

Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 0-1 Man City

And Chelsea are the EPL champions for 2014/15!

Promoted to next year's EPL will be Bournemouth FC, a small seaside town on the south coast facing France and Watford FC which is located just NW of London.

Saturday 2nd May 2015

Aston Villa 3-2 Everton
Leicester 3-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 2-1 QPR
Man Utd 0-1 West Brom

Sunderland 2-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-0 Stoke
West Ham 1-0 Burnley

Wins for Sunderland, Leicester and Villa, now make it just a two point gap at the bottom with Newcatle in there too. Hull maybe as well if they can't beat Arsenal on Monday.

QPR & Burnley are adrift, it seems.

Sunday 3rd May 2015

Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 0-1 Man City

:clap:

^
I thought you may be pleased!

Monday 4th May 2015

Hull 1-3 Arsenal

Srtaightforward win for the Gunners, who are now level with Man C on points and just 2 short on GD.

Hull drop below Leicester in the shit zone. Both are still candidates for T2 next season.

:smile:

Saturday 9th May 2015

Aston Villa 1-0 West Ham
Crystal Palace 1-2 Man Utd
Everton 0-2 Sunderland
Hull 0-1 Burnley

Leicester 2-0 Southampton
Newcastle 1-1 West Brom
Stoke 3-0 Tottenham

Burnley relegated, despite the win , other results went against them.

West Brom cannot be caught, so any of the others below them, could join Burnley & QPR in T2 next year.

Southampton DO want to play in the Europa League, Spurs fans do NOt (apparently?) want this and dunno about Liverpool, who are probably disappointed at not getting UCL again at present.

Sunday 10th May 2015

Man City 6-0 QPR
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

QPR also relegated today, with a woeful display against Man C.

Even game at Chelsea, with Diego Costa was sitting in the crowd with the fans, who also (mostly ) gave Gerrard an ovation, when he was subbed off at the end of his final game against Chelsea, of the 40 times he has played agianst them.
(Nice touch by "the Shed".)

Delighted with the news! :D

A couple of seasons ago they were playing League One!

Good to hear this, but I thought you were also a bit of a Spurs fan too?
(Do you think thank Spurs playing Europa League in 2015/16, will be too many extra games and "mess up" thier EPL chances? As do some Spurs fans.)

.. and the neighbours lost too:

Monday 11th May 2015
Arsenal 0-1 Swansea

Mugged by the Swans in the 85th minute! :rolleyes:

Yeah I like Spurs but I'm not dyed in the wool or anything lol. Also a MUN fan.

I've been managing AFC Bournemouth in Football Manager 15 and have grown fond of them :p

Saturday 16th May 2015

Southampton 6-1 Aston Villa
Burnley 0-0 Stoke
QPR 2-1 Newcastle
Sunderland 0-0 Leicester

Tottenham 2-0 Hull
West Ham 1-2 Everton
Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace

So, not much left to play for now, except the final relegation place
and who-finishes-where in the UCL & Europa slots.

However, the Saints battering of Villa included the fastest hat-trick in EPL
history by Man?.

And a sad goodbye to Gerrard in his last ever game at home for Liverpool, which they lost
rather tamely.

Leicester are an EPL team next year, but Newcastle, Sunderland and Hull could each be relegated next week, I've no idea which one of them it will be.

Sunday 17th May 2015

Swansea 2-4 Man City
Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal

Unlucky Swans who deserved something from the game and who are now not going to be in the Europa.

Man U really needed the win to try for third place and it now looks like they will be having the early UCL qualifying game in July. So cut your holidays short boys, as pre-season training will be early starting. :p

Yeah I like Spurs but I'm not dyed in the wool or anything lol. Also a MUN fan.

The Spurs squad is too small or has not enough strength in depth to do well in both the EPL and the Europa. I think they ran out of mental and physical energy recently.

I've been managing AFC Bournemouth in Football Manager 15 and have grown fond of them :p

Well good luck to Bournmouth AFC and you for next season. :cool:

United need another clear out and reinforcing in quite a few areas. Cash in on RvP while they can, ditch Falcao who has been a massive disappointment, buy a proven striker, midfielder, right back and centre back and see if LvG really can solve a problem like (di) Maria.

Depay should be a great addition to the squad but cover for Carrick is desperately needed. More faith needs to be placed in Ander Herrera as with both him and Carrick in the team the results are clearly better.

United need another clear out and reinforcing in quite a few areas. Cash in on RvP while they can, ditch Falcao who has been a massive disappointment, buy a proven striker, midfielder, right back and centre back and see if LvG really can solve a problem like (di) Maria.

Yup, I agree with all that and now Man U have made the Champions League again, you'll have a chance of getting them. So, well done on that too.

Depay should be a great addition to the squad but cover for Carrick is desperately needed. More faith needs to be placed in Ander Herrera as with both him and Carrick in the team the results are clearly better.

OK, interesting. Carrick looks very good to me, Herrera I will need to look at more closely.

Now, what's the Fans' talk & view of the De Haye move to Real, with a possible swap for G-Bale? :think: (From the BBC TV guys)

.. and speaking of GKs, any chance of a smash-and-grab raid for young Schmichael? He looks like a good keeper if a bit small, and maybe will do a job as second or third banana.

Also, Fellani has done a bit of a job for LvG and seems to have found a place this season.
Will he be staying or hasn't it worked that well?

Monday 18th May 2015

West Brom 3-0 Chelsea

Wednesday 20th May 2015

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

A very important night for Goooners

Yes, it's good news and no-so-good news.

Man U can't really get 3rd place, but Arsenal cannot catch Man C for 2nd now, after the draw.

Good point for the Black Cats though, they will be an EPL team next year now.

Sunday 24th May 2015

Arsenal 4-1 West Brom
Aston Villa 0-1 Burnley
Chelsea 3-1 Sunderland
Crystal Palace 1-0 Swansea

Everton 0-1 Tottenham
Hull 0-0 Man Utd
Leicester 5-1 QPR
Man City 2-0 Southampton

Newcastle 2-0 West Ham
Stoke 6-1 Liverpool

Hull were relegated along with Burnley & QPR.
Sad for Steve Bruce, he is a good Coach but maybe not the right club for him.

Also, "Good-Byes" to Frank Lampard, Steve Gerrard and Didier Drogba, who played their last EPL games.

The Saints will get Europa League, if Arsenal win the FA Cup and everything else
has been decided.

Big Sam has left West Ham and other Coach & player changes will happen over the summer.

No Euros or World Cup this summer, so we wait until August foir the new season. :sad:

Thanks for all your contributions this season.
That's All folks!

:wave:

3rd place (CL football) secured and a F.A. Cup final waiting in a few days. I am happy.
See ya next year!

#YaGunnersYa