Eurovision Song Contest 2011 or "How I learned to Love Belarus!"

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
3 minutes is the length all songs must have for the contest. Otherwise they would come up with 10-minute mini operas.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Thanks! That must have been it.

Can we bring Quiky's hammer down on Peter Urban, please? "Galicia in the East of Spain..." :rolleyes: If you have to flaunt your geography knowledge, at least get it right!

Last edited:

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
OK my favs (ours - of course!) but I liked Hungary a great deal, she had some pipes, Georgia and Germany - oh and Jedward were bloody fantastic! That's all folks.

sifu

Car(s)
-07 BMW E91 320d M-sport
whats with the extra 5 minutes of visibility for lena in the opening show? apparently uk is thinking about complaining about it. Is it the first time when last years winner is defending its position?

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
whats with the extra 5 minutes of visibility for lena in the opening show? apparently uk is thinking about complaining about it. Is it the first time when last years winner is defending its position?
Can't complain about it, EBU have given permission beforehand.

Dear Das Erste: This middle act is dreadful. The technical aspects are all wonderful, but the hosts, script and middle acts have not been up to par.

Now it's 2.0 on both SVT1 HD and YLE HD.
Yeah what the hell is up with that? I switched to fake surround but I mean come on it's 2011, what's keeping them from getting the true 5.1 signal?

Last edited:

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
It is traditional after all to have last year's winner perform the opening act. Not the first time, I believe #3. Dunno how it was back in the 50s though when defending winners tried again, maybe there was no opening act.

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box
even more, how did us brits give Ireland / Jedward 12 points? i'm seriously losing faith in humanity.

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
I'm away on the mountains for a single day and Europe goes mad? What the fuck is the UK doing so high up, why the fuck has Ireland done any better, and how in hell did Azerbaijan win?!? Massive congrats to them though!

McRae

So the next Eurovision song contest is going to be held in Asia.