Eurovision Song Contest 2011 or "How I learned to Love Belarus!"

[...]
And I'd also like to throw this out, I'm convinced Norway didnt make it due to the colour of the singers skin. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, but that is Europe. Also, gasp, no Turkey! I actually forgot they were in the contest, that says alot of their live performance.
I don?t think your Skin (Religion, Gender, sexual orientation) has anything to do with your chances of success at Eurovision ...

lordi.jpg

The Eurovision song contest is not "Europe" ... it?s Europe seen through rainbow-sunglasses ...

And Turkey got kicked out? (I didn?t watch it yesturday - or today - to not spoil everything) Who is going to get the 12 Points from Germany this year? It?s always been Turkey as far back as I can remember ...

Last edited:
I think Norway didn't make it because the best word I can think of to describe the song is "forgettable". It's a song that doesn't stand out in any way, it's a nice tune, but that alone doesn't make Eurovision success.

And Turkey got kicked out? (I didn?t watch it yesturday - or today - to not spoil everything) Who is going to get the 12 Points from Germany this year? It?s always been Turkey as far back as I can remember ...
Israel, Austria or Switzerland depending upon which is left in. ...

The Eurovision song contest is not "Europe" ... it?s Europe seen through rainbow-sunglasses ...

I see what you are trying to say but I cannot agree fully, no sunglasses will ever make Europe into the crapfest that is Eurosong.....we aren't THAT bad.
All the bad taste on the continent, the most dreadfull expressions of human 'creativity', both musical and otherwise + a splash of limp wristed gay-pride parade thrown in for good measure would be closer to eurosong.....

Alright there was that black guy that won together with someone else (some Baltic country, they hated eachother, basically one of those songs you wonder how the hell it won anyway) so maybe skin colour doesnt matter exclusively. Nonetheless, right wing politicians in Norway objected to sending "a representative of the liberal asylum laws". I do think the failed immigration policies of Europe have made society as a whole more intolerant over the years. I just cant get over how Lithuania qualified and Norway didnt? That's just insane.

I understand the stereo mixing from Dusseldorf was terrible. I didnt notice it as the 5.1 audio was excellent, but maybe that played a part too.

Switzerland, but I won't object if you vote for us ;)

Tomorrow is a new semi final, and I get to vote! Wee!

Last edited:

That's because Germany little Istanbul wasn't allowed to vote in that semi final.

Time for a status update I guess. The last finalists:

Estonia, Romania, Moldova, Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Slovenia and Ukraine.

Only 2.0 stereo today "for technical reasons", was that just for me or was it D?sseldorfs fault? The Bach pause act was much better than the drummers, and the commentators audio worked the whole time. And they kept me very much on edge in the results presentation :D

But pleeeeease can we get rid of the hosts? Did you see what they did during the commercial break? Idiot #1 and idiot #2 playing songs on the guitar horribly, smacking each other with added sound effects like it was a slapstick from 1940. Sheesh Das Erste, it's only the most watched event in the world...

I'm rooting or Ireland:

[video=youtube;-YivhhrYmRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YivhhrYmRY[/video]

Only 2.0 stereo today "for technical reasons", was that just for me or was it D?sseldorfs fault?

It's just you, we got 5.1 on our shiny new HD-channel :D

Hungary. Winner? Maybe. Great singer, great song, bookmakers favourite. In fact, let's have the complete song! Great car too.
Having listened to the whole song, I gotta say -- despite the tired chord progression -- what a voice!

Last edited:
We're in the final? Wut?

wtf is this unimaginitive shite.. and same performers from uk and ger? its about humiliating your country, not to throw same performers to the wolfs two times a row.

Besides, we don't need any more humour in this anyway. The acts themselves already look ridiculous enough to get some laughs:

image-214116-galleryV9-hvmg.jpg

image-214117-galleryV9-ymun.jpg

Having listened to the whole song, I gotta say -- despite the tired chord progression -- what a voice!
Yes. However the live performance is a bit static.

It's just you, we got 5.1 on our shiny new HD-channel :D
Crap. It better be 5.1 tomorrow SVT.

I need to get one of those Moldovian hats.

Ted & Dougal > Jerkward

Have to loose that sax solo though...
You can't have enough Moldovian sax solo in Eurovision!

[video=youtube;9-seDrv1eQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-seDrv1eQo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: