Evans to take less prominent role?

pete8475

Car(s)
1999 Volvo S80 T6. 1990 Chevrolet C10
Last edited:
Sadly, it's all speculation. It seems that the telegraph is taking something someone said and blowing it way out of proportion. They base it all on viewing numbers were low and Rory Reid saying he will be on every sunday. I hardly see that as confirmation or even a hint that Chris Evans will be taking less of a role.

Well, the latest episode had more Chris Harris and more whatshisname driving the Focus and it was MUCH more enjoyable, even if the SIARPC lasted for 20 minutes, which was totally unnecessary.

Viewing figures are higher than the World Cup Final but Clarkson's mob is hacking the servers. FACT. Chris Evans is the best presenter ever. FACT.

I think that headline needed a question mark at the end to make it more plausible, it is a bit of a leap to make the tweet a statement of fact that CE will feature less (although we all hope it's true).

The tweet is interesting because it could suggest there has been a shift in focus and Reid/Harris will feature more prominently from now on when they weren't originally going to. Maybe the bigwigs have seen the light and are pulling rank on CE, I can't imagine he would offer to be on screen less voluntarily??

It would have a question mark at the end if it was posted on Jalopnik.