Everything for under $2000

yup, the P5B deluxe is a lot better, and cheaper.

Also, why the 64 bit version of vista? We use it with a few systems at work and its only provided problems so far. Hardly any anti-virus software works on it (not even MS live care!) and lots of other small details which makes it a frustrating experiance.

I would replace the 8800GTS with 8800GTX since you seem to be building a high performance PC anyway. And wasting money on 10krpm hdd doesn't seem a really good idea. They are a bit faster than 7200rpm ones, but not even close to being worth the extra money.

Two 250gb sata drives in raid 0 might be a bit more practical (if one of them doesn't break :) )

74gigs isn't that much these days, flight sim is already around 10 gigs.

What does it matter what the chassis is made from?
It's not like it needs to be lightweight or anything.

So what if it is steal I don't take it anywhere. It just sits on my desk. Its big and has a lot of space and it looks kind of good
CHEAP

I am getting vista because i don't want to spend money on XP now and buy vista later, I will just get vista now. Its not like things are going to get worse for vista. Things are going to get better, more driver support and and all the other quarks are going to be worked out.

I don't want or need any more hard drive space I have over a 1tb so i will just get a faster HDD for my for OS and programs/games.

Can I have more info on why the P5B is better then the P5W

I have the P5N32-SLI Deluxe and it led the three in gaming performance:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/asus-c2d/index.x?pg=9
and did really well in the "high resolution gaming" department:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/asus-c2d/index.x?pg=10

It also "offers the fastest memory subsystem of the bunch, and it also boasts the best performances in our networking and USB tests"

However, I think if I were to go back in time to a couple weeks ago, I would get a board that was more quad core ready, possibly something with the nForce 650i chipset.

With that said, it'll probably be a long time until I need a quad core, seeing how my E6600 is hardly ever pressed to the max (and it's not even overclocked). So I'm quite content with what I have now.

Also: get a CPU COOLER! I recommend:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118003

I have the same CPU, and this cooler rocks! ;) Idles around 25C.

Last edited:
I don't want or need any more hard drive space I have over a 1tb so i will just get a faster HDD for my for OS and programs/games.
I still think you are throwing your money away with that HDD. If you don't need more HDD space, just don't buy HDD and use the money on faster CPU or faster GPU. You gain more performance that way.

This will help on load times during games. 1 sec here 1 sec there and after about a year you've saved a couple of mins of your life.

Also i would want to be able to say i have a raptor bitch

This will help on load times during games. 1 sec here 1 sec there and after about a year you've saved a couple of mins of your life.

Also i would want to be able to say i have a raptor bitch
There is a difference, but it's rather marginal. If loading takes 10 seconds on a 7200rpm HDD it will take 9,5 seconds on a 10 000rpm HDD.
I would rather have 10 more fps than 1 second less on loading times. But it's your choice how you spend your money, but don't come here whining when you used 160$ and notice no difference..

I really like case CVG recommended so i changed that. I will give up on HHD slot of the 4 fans this case brings

There is a difference, but it's rather marginal. If loading takes 10 seconds on a 7200rpm HDD it will take 9,5 seconds on a 10 000rpm HDD.
I would rather have 10 more fps than 1 second less on loading times. But it's your choice how you spend your money, but don't come here whining when you used 160$ and notice no difference..

Having a monitor of res 1680 x 1050 and a 8800GTS i am not worried about FPS. I would agree with you completely if i have a 24" or 30". This resolution is to small to worry that much about it.

Look at this.
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q4/geforce-8800/index.x?pg=14
With Oblivion's graphical quality settings to "Ultra High." The screen resolution was set to 1600x1200 resolution, with HDR lighting enabled. 16X anisotropic filtering was forced on via the cards' driver control panels. The 8800 GTS still got 114.7 fps what more do you want.

Last edited:
I am building this comp for C&C 3, and Spore. Does anyone know if these will be Directx X or 9.

Sure it might be enough now. But in the future games will want more and more power. And you don't have to spend that 160$ on something else if you don't want to, I just wanted to point out that 10 000 rpm HDD does not have a good value for money.