Exotic cars you are sick of seeing.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
As most gear heads I am very happy to see an exotic on the street and am always excited when I see one. However the excitement from seeing one comes from them being rare, sometimes though you just seem certain ones EVERYWHERE and start getting tired of it. So post the ones you are sick off, I'll start.

Being seeing at least one every time I go to/from work, tired of it!
porsche-panamera-spyshot.jpg

These things are all over the place, they are like Civics for rich people, you can hardly spit w/o hitting one.
Bentley%20Continental%20GT%20Diamond-843429.jpeg

Last edited:
can we count Boxters? Because certainly them then.

Or M3/M5's

Porsches.

95% of those I met on the road don't know how to drive them. As a result, show them a corner and they lose to a $1000 'reasonably priced motorcycle'.

I've nothing against the car itself but the drivers who treat them like very expensive and slow Beetles should get a Beetle instead, so I can have the Porsche.

since when are porsches exotic?

In third world-esque nations with North Korean-like governments, porsches -are- exotic :D

Anyways, Lambos, Astons, Maseratis, keep getting stuck in massive traffic jams. If you will, replace "Porsche" with more exotic marques :D

Hmm if I had a Porsche I would drive it like a slow beetle also. There is nothing wrong with one treasuring what they love!

Oh and exotics that I am bored with?? Well show me an exotic first :p

Last edited:
Lol that might be true - I get cheap things to drive/ride like a hoon. Powerrrr!! :D

Glad I don't live in a place where they are common enough to be tired of any of them. Which means I can go to a Cars and Coffee type event and still like evrything I see. ;)

I see too many Gallardo's, Aston V8 Vantages, and 911 GT2's. They are cheap enough to be kinda commonplace, but anything more than say 300k is pretty rare.

Hmm if I had a Porsche I would drive it like a slow beetle also. There is nothing wrong with one treasuring what they love!
If you're gonna do that, buy something else. Porsches are built to endure extensive hard driving. I'm not saying drive it 10/10ths on the street, but don't be scared to drive it hard and make it work. That won't break it. :)

There's no specific make and model I'm tired of seeing, but I am tired of seeing great cars bought purely for status by people with no interest in cars. I moved from Austin to Houston, and there's a big difference between the communities. In Austin, there are (significantly) fewer exotics. But those who own them often appreciate and acknowledge other car enthusiasts, even if the others' car is no where near as nice. In Houston, though, the owners often don't notice other "nice" cars, and if the car is below theirs in their mental ranking, the car is ignored. They're not car enthusiasts, they're money enthusiasts.

If you're gonna do that, buy something else. Porsches are built to endure extensive hard driving. I'm not saying drive it 10/10ths on the street, but don't be scared to drive it hard and make it work. That won't break it. :)

Oh yes the car will be fine but what about the driver?

Take me for an example. I love Porsches! :D I would die to have one. But I don't have any track experience what so ever. So its only natural that I would drive..uh im sorry my English failed me. Whats the word for "Non Aggressively"? Thats how I would drive.
I wouldn't want to hurt my car due to my lack of skills.

Okay now i can imagine someone typing "If you don't have the skill then don't get the car" Yes but what if its your dream car? And you would do anything to get it. Now you wouldn't want anything bad happen to it now would you? But you will still drive it..

I don't want to drag this out so lets end this here ;) Basically what I am saying is that even if you have a track born super car you always don't have to give it the beans :p

Archie, if you can afford to buy a Porsche, you can afford the track days to learn to handle it! Additionally, that "10/10ths" I mentioned in my comment isn't necessarily referring to the car's "10/10ths" or 100% of what the car can do. One can be driving at 10/10ths and be under the car's limit... if they're at the driver's limit. Keep it safe on the street. Go to closed courses to learn to handle the car. And do learn to handle it, Porsches do wonderfully in a track environment!