Extra Gear has more potential than Top Gear.

Xaromir

Anyone else having similar thoughts? I haven't watched the second episode yet, but I loved watching Rory Reid. The audience seemed more relaxed, he was entertaining to watch and sitting around talking and making fun, actually felt a little like Top Gear. I wish the BBC would develop Extra Gear a bit further, give them a few proper cars to test. On a different note, I wouldn't be the least bit sad if they'd replace Chris Evans with Rory Reid. I love Sabine though. <3 Dear BBC, please keep Sabine. <3

My feeling is that if they combined the best of both shows they'd have something special but I don't think it's a one or the other. I think they've sort of felt like they have to keep the car bore stuff on the extra show and keep the main show purely entertainment but I think one of the things that made the old show enduring is the mixture of car bore and entertainment. If you watch this weeks extra gear you'll see that Evans is capable of the car bore stuff but he just needs to let some of it seep into the main show in a way that isn't which celebrity had the better cars.