F1 1979 (lock to lock?)

Gabkicks

anyone know the steering wheel lock to lock of 1979 f1 cars like the Ferrari T4 or others?

No I don't but I have to ask........why?!?!?!!?!??!!?

I doubt it would be very much. Race cars tend to have as much steering lock as they need and no more.

i was just curious... plus i wanted to have my wheel set to the same thing for the rfactor 1979 mod w/ my steering wheel.

i was just curious... plus i wanted to have my wheel set to the same thing for the rfactor 1979 mod w/ my steering wheel.

I would imagine no more than one full turn each way.

I did some quick searches on youtube and foudn this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnc6p3YOg9Q

I figure Monaco has one of, if not the tightest hairpins in GP racing, so I searched for vintage Monaco GP clips. So if they were ever going to approach full lock, it would be there. But you can see in the vid that it may not even have a full turn in each direction. That's early 70s, between 70 and 73. but I doubt much had changed by 1979 as far as steering lock goes. I dont think that's changed much even today.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, the "Scottish lady" in action with DFV power:D

As for the mod, I tend to use the default steering lock values on faster tracks. Tried the higher lock values at Monaco, Long Beach and Zolder, but all I do is spin off while turning, even with no throttle. I might need to be a bit smoother with the steering input.

Oh yeah, the "Scottish lady" in action with DFV power:D

As for the mod, I tend to use the default steering lock values on faster tracks. Tried the higher lock values at Monaco, Long Beach and Zolder, but all I do is spin off while turning, even with no throttle. I might need to be a bit smoother with the steering input.

Well remember, your racing wheel you're using is probably a few inches smaller than the steering wheel they used in 1979. They dont use big wheels by any means, but definitely a little bigger, that makes for more precise inputs. :cool: