F1 2005

I've made a file of the whole race and a little bit before and after - it's about 1gig if anyone wants it.

Currently Listening To: How To Be Dead - Snow Patrol - Live In Paradiso (2005)

How do you want to distribute it??

man there should really be more over taking and cool shit in F1, last season was so boring its unbearable.. no tension no nothing in races.. those bitches should race like real men!! and 90% of the overtakes end up in crashes or something.. so gheeey.. they should make a new rule.. race in full dry tires in real wet roads.. so we'll see more action.. am sure they'll make more money and get more viewers that way :p and then we can see the drivers real skills :lol:

Overheat said:
I've made a file of the whole race and a little bit before and after - it's about 1gig if anyone wants it.

Currently Listening To: How To Be Dead - Snow Patrol - Live In Paradiso (2005)
up it in the ftp

race in full dry tires in real wet roads

Did you see qualifying? One driver was out on slicks when the rain came (I think schumacher got hit with rain as well) and the cars were completely undrivable... I mean he couldn't use more than 40% throttle without bagging it up and cornering was done at road car speeds...

You might get more veiwers but teams will be paying bucket loads more to keep their car in running condition. I would turn into NASCAR where people just watch to see a massive pile up.

i saw it.. lol it was the best part of the aus gp :p

The engine rule seems to be exploited to the fullest already. Because BAR-Honda didn't have a chance to get any points in Australia, they drove to the pits on the last lap and therefore they have the right to change their engines for the next race. And Ferrari is considering about changing Schumacher's engine, because that way he could get the new car for the 4th GP of the season (and not the 5th as they originally said), because the engines between the F2004M and the F2005 aren't the same.

The tire rule is good because that really brings out the drivers who can really drive, but this engine stuff... It isn't worth it. The whole sport should get back to basics.

^ agree with you

What a race. Good for Renault :)

I watched it today, and it was a pretty good race.

I agree with the tire rule working well. But the engine rule was supposed to make it cheaper to run a team, let minardi and jorden catch up. But all i can conclude from this race is that the gap has only become bigger (specially minardi, they're a even bigger joke now).
I like the intent of the rule, but not the results of it.

And for the whole i do like how it seems they've focused on the other parts of the car to obtain more speed. The mclaren is gorgeous.

Kip_6666 said:
And for the whole i do like how it seems they've focused on the other parts of the car to obtain more speed. The mclaren is gorgeous.

I have noticed that too. I don't find the McLaren very beautiful, but for some reason it is the sexiest thing to go around a race track ever! :p

Kip_6666 said:
race is that the gap has only become bigger (specially minardi, they're a even bigger joke now).

hmm... I didn't notice the gap... are they alot further behind now?

andyhui01 said:
Kip_6666 said:
race is that the gap has only become bigger (specially minardi, they're a even bigger joke now).

hmm... I didn't notice the gap... are they alot further behind now?

Well, a lot is an understatement, really... In the race they were 4-5 seconds off pace. But it's mainly down the fact that their new car not ready yet, and they were forced to use new wings and stuff they had not tested(at all!) before the race. Paul Stoddart(the team owner) damn nearly got rid of GP of Australia(and Rally Australia as well) because he wanted to race with the old parts. What a comedy that was...

He started 14th and finished 15th. He was the best one of the three rookies.

cool, u know there some 15 year old indian kid drive in forumla bmw as well. 15! but probz coz his parents are rich so they can invest in him being a race driver. also some kid is 18 and he won the british gt championship so now he races in the porshe carrea cup. their all living my dreams man. i wish my parents invest in me to be a race driver.

i think they should have, everytime i gofor go-karting competions in china i come in the top 4. last time i went i cam 4 coz some bastard took my front bumper off overtaking me =.="

jasonchiu said:
crashes are innteresting as long as no ones hurt

haha, yeah. the first f1 race had none (no real ones anyway) so it was a bit boring. i'm a montoya fan, so i'm not too happy...........................oh well i don't like schumacher so I'm happy about that in race 1. :twisted:

I don't see the tire rule being an improvement on the racing honestly. You can image no one is going to try any heroics just in case they flat spot their tires. So at the start of the race, everyone ends up being on their best behaviour. Same goes for the 1-engine rule. We've gone back to the 80s when there were no pitstops, and what you see at the start of the race is what you get at the end.

Magnet thats quite true. i never watch a whole race thoguh, it gets way too boring.

its sad to say that the most interesting parts are the crashes