F1 2005

ske said:
Back to rules topic, am I the only one that thinks F1 has become something of a parody with all the weird new rules?

In my mind the rules are just about right at the currect state. With tricks like active suspension, the drivers would be become just passengers and it wouldn't take long after drivers would be selected by their weight and not by their driving abilities. And with the stuff FIA is trying to push back to the sport now, like much less aerodynamics and a clutch operated by foot, the sport wouldn't be the fastest and most advanced level of motorsport any more. That wouldn't be Formula 1.

yea, that's what reminded me - I thought the next race was this weekend, so I had a look and British GP this weekend, "wait a minute, that's not right" OH SHIT!

But I looked at the race report and it looks like it was a rather crap one anyway, so I'm not overly disappointed.

raheel_qamar said:
Alonso will not win (bwahahaha ha). Ferrari All the way.

Stop talking crap!
slap.gif

:mrgreen:

I watched the pratice event today Friday the 8th. Seemed that the Merecedes were owning, except for one toyota. Oh well, it should be a good race, only if Kimi had his new engine....

great race today.. dont know if anyone caught it, but montoya gave a great performance, and kimi would have dominated big time if it wasnt for that penalty.. go mercedes! :D

crashes are only exciting once it happens.... but wat is good is competition like a lot of over taking manovers... thts racing man...and tht is wat constitutes as a great race where action is plenty....not crashes

Yeah I watched the whole race, Kimi (my favorite driver) dominated. M Schumy did well too, its too bad Juan Pablo Montoya broke down or else Mercedes would be right on Renault's tail in the contructor's points.

It was a good race, and a couple of crashes too, in the beginning.

All the top guys did well. The one time Alonso sucked big time, Kimi wins.

I'm giving props to Schumi. He seems to be turning his season around.

And of course Ralph made the podium. He is becoming very competitive.

All in all it was a good race but I my favourite race for the season is that one where Schummi locks a brake into the last corner of the last lap...i think alonso wins that one :)

Man the Hungarian GP sucks. Luckily we had a few crashes to keep us entertained but that circuit shouldn't part of the F1 calandar imo. Got some really sweet circuits coming up next though :)

Overheat said:
Man the Hungarian GP sucks. Luckily we had a few crashes to keep us entertained but that circuit shouldn't part of the F1 calandar imo. Got some really sweet circuits coming up next though :)

Why not, the track doesn't have enough turns?