F1:China

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Formula 1 hits China this weekend...discuss.

I think M.Schumacher will take the lead of the championship...

I predict:
1.Kimi
2. Alonso
3. Schumi
4. Massa
5. Barichello
6. Kubica
7. Coulthard
8. Sato <---Wild card! =)

Both Williams drivers will retire in involving something with smoke. Toyotas will crash into eachother in the start and will allso take out Heidfeld. The other 3 red bull cars will once again fight between themselves for our amusement with Spyker MF1 cars.

-Cpt. J.- said:
I predict:
1.Kimi
2. Alonso
3. Schumi
4. Massa
5. Barichello
6. Kubica
7. Coulthard
8. Sato <---Wild card! =)

Both Williams drivers will retire in involving something with smoke. Toyotas will crash into eachother in the start and will allso take out Heidfeld. The other 3 red bull cars will once again fight between themselves for our amusement with Spyker MF1 cars.
Nearly agree, i think Button 5th and Barrichello 7th though.

Renault's better TC(out of slow corners) could give decisive edge on this track.

3. is max Kimi can achieve.

If we're predicting here, let me give you a qualified guess.

1. F. Alonso
2. K. R?ikk?nen
3. F. Massa
4. J. Button
5. M. Schumacher
6. G. Fisichella
7. P. de la Rosa
8. R. Schumacher

And here's the explanation.
Alonso will win because Michael never really mastered this track. Felipe is quick and so is the Ferrari, but he will be getting the job of helping Michael get through the field because of Michaels poor qualy position.
The McLaren is fast, but not fast enough, so it'll be another 2nd place for Kimi here, with Button in the same situation, fast but not fast-enough, he get's 4th.
As I said earlier, Michael never really mastered this track in the past, and I don't see why he should master it this weekend. He might get a higher position, but generally I think he will make some mistakes and lots of lockups, to see him fall back in the field.
Fisichella.. he's just off-pace compared to Alonso.
De la Rosa.. Hmm, tough one. I want to place him higher, but that's a bit risky. He's done 50 laps here already, but never in race conditions, and so I think he'll be fighting his way up the field from a 11th or 12th on the grid.
Ralfie has done well here in the past and Toyota seem to get their setup just right at some races. I think he's in for a good one and he should be able to keep up with some of the higher placed drivers.

I think we're in for a very good race this weekend. Too bad it's in China so I have to get up at 8AM on saturday to catch qualy and 7.30AM sunday to catch pre-race discussion, race and post-race discussion :p

No predictions here, but I'm certainly looking forward to the race. It should be a great track to watch these cars on.

trionic said:
Renault's better TC(out of slow corners) could give decisive edge on this track.

3. is max Kimi can achieve.
Kimi must win a race this year. He won in 2004 in Spa with a bad McLaren I think he can do it again.

Or I will eat my socks.

Did you guys see the honda sponsor, 555? God that is an ugly combination, thank god it's only for the Chinese GP, because it has something to do with China not letting Lucky Strike advertise? not sure

rain predicted for race day now so it could throw htings a bit up in the air, schuey is fantastic in the wet so it could give him the edge...or maybe its time for buttons 2nd win :D

pfrocker said:
Did you guys see the honda sponsor, 555? God that is an ugly combination, thank god it's only for the Chinese GP, because it has something to do with China not letting Lucky Strike advertise? not sure
Actually, they are allowed to have tobacco and alocoholich sponsor decals in China, but I think it's just a special commercial deal that Honda has with 555, because they've been doing this for the past 3 years.
And yes, it is really ugly. Looks like somebody just took a bunch of decals and threw them at the car :thumbsdown:

Rain on race day? Awesome!

If it rains I think Button will get on the podium, the advantage of the car is much less.

not a lot seperating em in practice so far, schuey and alonso just 0.09 seconds apart. Massa has been putting in some great times but unfortunately had an engine change so a 10 position drop on the grid for him.

there's decent odds for rain at the moment.... so here's my predictions

High Achievers: Alonso - would have won or placed second in hungary depending on how button's strategy played out if he's finished.
Button - going by the hungary results, and buttons general record in the wet, he should be on course for a podium.
Both Heidfeld and Kubica - that BMW has been progressing heavily all year, it's got a strong engine, aero wise its probably beaten only by ferrari in drag stakes and there's some talent in both of them.
Possibly the mclarens, they also ran strong in hungary, so will be doing well.

Low achievers:
Ferrari in general, it's purely the tyres that let them down methinks, those bridgestone wets will just degrade and degrade.
Both williams drivers: it's beyond a joke, something needs to drop like a shit ton of bricks on the teams heads, no points in however many races is ridiculous.

epp_b said:
It should be a great track to watch these cars on.
Hell yeah! I especially love the main grandstands...amazing architecture! :thumbsup:
http://img301.imageshack.**/img301/8950/tp007621om4.jpg

When did Spyker buy the Midland team? And apparently getting Ferrari engines next year too....

Qualifing results are:

1. Alonso
2. Fisichella
3. Barrichello
4. Button
5. Raikkonen
6. M.Schumacher
7. De La Rosa
8. Heidfield
9. Kubica
10. Doornbos

It was a wet qualifing sessions, the weather will play a significant part in tomorrows race. If it rains the Bridgestone teams are going to struggle...

gotta give schuey some credit for even making sixth place, bridgestones are truly awful on the wets as can be seen by a complete michelin top 5. Definately gonna be an interesting race tomorrow :)

jimmymac said:
gotta give schuey some credit for even making sixth place, bridgestones are truly awful on the wets as can be seen by a complete michelin top 5. Definately gonna be an interesting race tomorrow :)
Massa actually qualified 3 places above him though so it wasn't that good a drive.

peter3hg2 said:
jimmymac said:
Massa actually qualified 3 places above him though so it wasn't that good a drive.

Massa actually qualified 13th - formula1.com doesn't show his position with the penalty, with his penalty he will be starting from the back of the grid.