F1: France

mmap

^ It would seem so, I presume they're still running around on race fuel loads. They should make it the same as the first two sessions - drivers running around on light fuel loads hanging it all out.

If that's all they did, drivers would still probably cruise around for 10 minutes, which now leaves only 5 minutes for the real action!

M. Schumacher for the win!

Ferrari has pumped in another $26 million to boost Michael Schumacher?s charge for an eighth world championship in 2006.

At Jerez last Friday, in preparation for the upcoming French grand prix, the 37-year-old racer set a new test lap record with a rejuvenated car. Although Ross Brawn insists that it is not a ?B? specification, the heavily revised ?248′ features a new engine cover, front wing and engine, packing an extra 20 hp.

The tabloid daily also described new Bridgestone tyres for Magny Cours as ?super-rubber?, and said team principal Todt had asked Ferrari staff to work extra shifts at Maranello to implement the upgrade.

^^ On a related note I wonder if Ferrari are going to be considerably better next year when everyone is using Bridgestone?? Would it be possible giving that they have been their "official" team for years now that they would get a better advantage out of them??

Dunno.

^ Possibly - but you'd think the other Bridgestone teams will have a similar advantage. My tip is the giga-miles of testing will nullify that pretty quickly though.

Alright I'm looking at the practise session and WHAT the HELL are those thingys on the BMW's??? That is by far the weirdest aeoro package I've seen in a while!

THe oar thingys of old (later banned) are nothing compared to those.

mmap said:
Alright I'm looking at the practise session and WHAT the HELL are those thingys on the BMW's??? That is by far the weirdest aeoro package I've seen in a while!

THe oar thingys of old (later banned) are nothing compared to those.

Yeah, I just noticed those on the car Kubica was driving around. Makes the old elephants's tusks on the Williams of a couple of years ago look rather tame.

Ferrari front row with Alonso third. :thumbup:

I hope Webber can make some progress during the race, hopefully he'll get to finish it aswell.

POWERRR!! said:
Kinda like the bunny ears on the Renault!

Here's the explanation given on www.formula1.com:

sauberfins.jpg

This radical-looking aero solution was used in the last test at Jerez and then adopted for France. The two vertical fins on the nose, around 40 cm high, give the car an unconventional look, but fall within regulations regarding bodywork height. Their purpose is to improve stability and efficiently direct airflow towards the central and rear sections of the car. The concept is similar to that of the 'ears' on the Renault nose, but BMW Sauber have taken it to the extreme to increase its effect.

that was a pretty exciting start to the Q3 with schumi and alonso.. hopefully we'll see more of that the rest of the season..

kinda pissed the maca's are so far back but hopefully they can pull off a podium

PS - chris bangle went over to BMW's F1 department it seems ;)

I caught the last 7 laps of the BTCC after the F1 and those 7 laps contain far more action than the whole of the F1 Grand Prix.
And as I have grown to hate Plato I pissed myself laughing when he lost out on 3rd by 0.008 second. :lol:

matt_shaw said:
Why do you hate Plato?
I used to like him but I just don't like what he does on Fifth Gear. Especially this last episode with his Brookes test.