F1 Grand Prix de Belgique 2015

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
So.... Couple of weeks to go still, but surely there's enough to discuss?

I'll get the ball rolling :

- What do we think about the new starting regulations? It seems Merc will be most affected?
- Greatest track ever! Wooo eau rouge! Pouhon! La source! 2014 Merc crash controverse!
- Will Ferrari or Williams finally be able to properly challenge the Mercs?
- I will be attending this race. Anyone on here will be doing the same and fancies a FG mini meet?

Discuss...

Should make the start even more exciting than usual, it will be really interesting to see who is the best judge of where the bite point is though I imagine the qualifying results will be very similar to normal.

So.... Couple of weeks to go still, but surely there's enough to discuss?

I'll get the ball rolling :

- What do we think about the new starting regulations? It seems Merc will be most affected?

Yeah, maybe - it's hard to tell, there may be wierd starts now and again.

- Greatest track ever! Wooo eau rouge! Pouhon! La source! 2014 Merc crash controverse!

Spa: A great circuit, with seldom a boring race! Rain always causes mayhem with any race.

Plus, what are the origins of the famous corner names?
e.g. "Red Water"?

- Will Ferrari or Williams finally be able to properly challenge the Mercs?
- I will be attending this race. Anyone on here will be doing the same and fancies a FG mini meet?

Discuss...

I hope that Ferrari or Williams will give MB a bit of a race and make them work hard.

:smile:

Plus, what are the origins of the famous corner names?
e.g. "Red Water"?

It's the name of the stream that is crossed there, a river named that way because, surprise, the water is red...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_Rouge

Eau_Rouge01.jpg

EauRougeInTheSnow.jpg

Last edited:
I think the new start procedure makes more sense, now it was the guy with the best software who got away first. As for eau rouge, I thought that was general knowledge?

Also, the cool uphill bit isn't technically called Eau Rouge, but Raidillon. Eau Rouge is the initial turn to the left at the bottom of the hill.

Maldo being Maldo

KeZex2.gif

Rosberg holding onto a puncture induced slide... just barely

rosberg.gif

Quite a poor qualifying for Ferrari, First Kimi's car dies in Q2 so he's 14th and then Vettel gets 9th in Q3.
Rosberg's qualifying probably not working out the way he liked but he'll have a chance to pass at the start of the race.

Quite a poor qualifying for Ferrari, First Kimi's car dies in Q2 so he's 14th and then Vettel gets 9th in Q3.
Rosberg's qualifying probably not working out the way he liked but he'll have a chance to pass at the start of the race.

Not unless his front wing collides with Hamilton's tyre. Hamilton gets a punchture. He'll start crying, retire from the race and Rosberg gets punished again.

Well we don't really know that yet. Starts are going to be more random now I hope, so I think the Williams look best for this race (since they've proven they can beat the Mercs off the line)...

Also, there's supposed to be some rain tomorrow about halfway through the race which should shake things up a bit.

Pretty good race behind Mercs it was!!!

RoGro and Perez were great today!!!

Vettels gamble nearly paid off and Renault seemed to have found some speed/power, because they passed some Mercedes powered cars easily.

When will Williams up their game in pit stops? <_<

Rosberg needs to improve, because now it is impossible that Mercs take themselves out of the race. :D

Weird mistake for Williams to make giving Bottas a prime tire on his rear, there was a replay of a guy coming over with the correct tire but they had already started changing tires so he gave up.

Such a shame about Vettel, and Williams dropped the ball AGAIN strategy wise. I watched it all from the greatest corner in the world so expect a bazillion pictures soon

Congrats to Lewis, of course. Did David C say that he had the same number of podiums now as Senna had? Did I hear that right?

Also...Williams......DOH!

And Vettel was riiiight there and then...blammo! But, that many laps on a Pirelli is just asking for trouble. Better luck next time kiddo.

And...no rain? Spa, I am dissapoint!

that was an OK race, not spectacular, but didn't bore either

and it's ferrari their own fault, before the race pirelli said there would be no way the tires would make it on single stop
ferrari tried anyway, and payed the price

and what an overtake by max verstappen!!! it made me emotional when i saw him go around the outside

that was an OK race, not spectacular, but didn't bore either

and it's ferrari their own fault, before the race pirelli said there would be no way the tires would make it on single stop

and what an overtake by max verstappen!!! it made me emotional when i saw him go around the outside

Not necessarily, Ferrari kept saying that the tire engineer allocated to them by Pirelli told them multiple times that a one-stop would indeed be possible.

Also, http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirelli-found-more-tyre-cuts-over-belgian-gp-weekend/ - which seems like Pirelli were rather lucky that no other high-speed failures developed other than what happened to Vettel and Rosberg.

A one stop IS possible, as long as you use the soft one for a few more laps and don't exceed 25 or so laps on the medium.
And yes, Max was epic, especially as just a day earlier a GP2 driver tried to do the exact same thing at the exact same place and ate tyre barrier at 280 kph

Evidently Pirelli's Paul Hembery was quoted as saying the Medium tires could do 40 laps - almost the entire race. :dunno: