F1: Monaco

^^ And monaco is his most successful track thus far...

stewards out to get schumi lol

i think he made a mistake, realised quickly it was going wrong, and that he could make use of this mistake to aid him

but really, all these people on the tv saying how he could of done this an could of done that can STFU

they werent there in that situation and half of them cant even drive F1 cars. so they have no right to say

i say he actually did a good job of keeping the car un harmed.

still should make for an interesting race now, with schumi at the back

LoneWolf said:
OK, my two cents worth.

I know pretty much everyone is shouting CHEAT at Schuey and Ferrari, but having thought about it for a sec that's not really surprising. I've watched the incident a few times on Youtube, and though I will admit it looks suspicous, the more I think about the less I'm convinced he did it on purpose.

Firstly, I honestly can't think why Schumacher would want to do such a thing just for one pole position. He's already the all time pole setter, and even if he ended up second or third, it isn't really the end of the world for him or Ferrari, the title battle would go on.

Secondly, looking at those replays I got the hint the Schuey at first tried to save it, then hesitated, then went into that barrier as though he was going to reverse it out again. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but everyone has a moment of hesistation, and even the greats can hesitate in the final moments of qualifying on the twistiest street circuit.

Thirdly, you have to bear in mind that in the history of motorsports, Schumacher is probably the driver people can most easily point an acusing finger at and shout CHEAT at. Flavio can run his mouth all he likes, but as the TG lads have once or twice said about Italian waiters, they wave their arms about and shout a lot but achieve very little. That's how I look at Briatore, an Italian waiter, someone who can make a lot of fuss but actually know very little about what he's talking about. If Schumacher did that in one of his cars, or that was one of his boys, he would be defending them completely.

As it stands however, I actually do think the FIA need to punish Schumacher, even if he is innocent. I say this because the whole FIA/Ferrari conspiracy needs to either be demolished, else it will become even stronger if Ferrari are let off the hook. If nothing but for the sake of the sport, confidence is needed in the FIA and their judgement.

OK that's it, lambs to the slaughter for me now.

i agree with you there, you can even see him wave his hands at the marshalls to get him the hell out of there.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
I really hope Webber can break through and win his first F1 GP. He's starting from P2 :)

If for whatever reason Kimi cannot win then I am definitely rooting for Mark. He certainly deserves a win already and no better place to do it than in Monaco :thumbsup:

mmap said:
I really hope Webber can break through and win his first F1 GP. He's starting from P2 :)

If for whatever reason Kimi cannot win then I am definitely rooting for Mark. He certainly deserves a win already and no better place to do it than in Monaco :thumbsup:

Indeedy. I reckon Mark has a great chance at bettering his 3rd of last year.

Good luck to the man!

Could someone watching it live please post who wins as soon as the race is over. My "live" coverage is about 45-minutes delayed and I want to know if its worth staying up late this Sunday night to watch Webber win!!

jebus

schumi is pulling some insane moves, he jus mullered buttom coming out of the tunnel, left him for dead.

what the hell has happened to button, hes got slower since the start of the season, and barri has been getting faster..... :unsure:

Could someone watching it live please post who wins as soon as the race is over. My "live" coverage is about 45-minutes delayed and I want to know if its worth staying up late this Sunday night to watch Webber win!!

bloody "live" coverage just started, stupid law and order

FUCK!!!!!

Webber's out of the race. Lap 47, his car caught on fire... Full course yellow.

Got it off F1 live timing just then :cry:

Lap 50, Raikkonen's car has also caught on fire...

watto said:
FUCK!!!!!

Webber's out of the race. Lap 47, his car caught on fire... Full course yellow.

Got it off F1 live timing just then :cry:
That answers the question - "Do I stay up late and watch if Webber can win his first GP?"

:cry:

PLEASE tell me that car caught fire because of something HE did and not the car onto him!!

^Yeah can someone confirm??

Assuming it is - what a BIG dissapointment. After the last engine failure he expirienced (forgot where), he 'bit his tongue' and held in what he was really thinking when interviewed straight after. He was so close to saying something he'd probably regret. How much longer can he continue holding it in? Thank fuck his contract is up at the end of the year. We know which team he WON'T be racing for next year...

Guess theres no point in me continuing watching...

Engine failure plain and simple, he was driving on the main "straight" when he just lost all power...

i think that race was a bit of in your face FIA for schumi..... absolutely stunning drive, fastest man by far.

kimi, poor luck again, again absolutely stellar, hes soooo fast and really agressive, very good to watch

i hoped webber would get a podium, defo deserve it, but bad luck....AGAIN!

fisi pulled some stunning moves, awesome to watch

as usual things just seem the happen for alonso....the SC pretty much wiped out some of his contenders strategies and on the restart there was 6 cars between him and second place. hes inhereted schumi's awfully goodluck

^Yeah can someone confirm??

Assuming it is - what a BIG dissapointment. After the last engine failure he expirienced (forgot where), he 'bit his tongue' and held in what he was really thinking when interviewed straight after. He was so close to saying something he'd probably regret. How much longer can he continue holding it in? Thank fuck his contract is up at the end of the year. We know which team he WON'T be racing for next year...

Guess theres no point in me continuing watching...

yeah got to be engine failure for him. i dunno if he'd jus come out the pits, but the thing just went. he was proper pissed, shot the wheel back at the car before storming off.

kimi's car did the same, i think 1 hour of brutal pace followed by a slow period behind the SC lead to that one. with reduced cooling immediatly after caning it for 60minutes im betting it just cooked it self.

Great race - in fact for the first 2/3rds it was bloody amazing race - such maximum pressure, maximum attack driving with no room for error - just mega.

Absolutely gutted for Webber - first the disgraceful lack of blue flags for several laps when he was behind Fisi, only to have the motor let go - massively disappointing. Similarly disappointed for Kimi - that sort of driving deserves more reward.

Good seeing Coulthard and Red Bull get a result, likewise Schumacher's run through the field was terrific.

^^ Seconded.

BUT WHEN THE FUCK WILL MARK WEBBER GET A FAIR GO!?

but in all seriousness, he's proven before that he's fast, and he proved tonight that he can keep up and catch up to Alonso and Raikonnen and put a gap up over Montoya in a sub-standard car...

flyingfridge said:
but in all seriousness, he's proven before that he's fast, and he proved tonight that he can keep up and catch up to Alonso and Raikonnen and put a gap up over Montoya in a sub-standard car...

Well, in all honesty the only reason he was able to catch R?ikkonen and Alonso was the fact that Alonso slowed down consideraby (2s. a lap) to save his tyres.

Good race, but alonso was lucky so many cars blew so he had no pressure. Schumacer drove like a deamon. Button sucked. Coulthard rocked! Go red bull!

mmap said:
flyingfridge said:

Well, in all honesty the only reason he was able to catch R?ikkonen and Alonso was the fact that Alonso slowed down consideraby (2s. a lap) to save his tyres.

true that made the job easier, but Webber's fastest lap was 4th fastest, 1:15.680 (Lap 23), only a tiny bit behind the fastest laps of Alonso (1:15.671 - Lap 11) and R?ikk?nen (1:15.325 - Lap 19). so Alonso's driving slowly isn't an argument against Webber's fast-ness.