F1 News, brother Ralf to go to...toyota??

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Ralf Schumacher changes 2005 to Toyota

Ralf Schumacher stands directly before a conclusion of a contract with Toyota. The contract with the Japanese manufacturer is to have a running time of five years.
In the time of January 2005 to at the end of of 2009 the 28-jaehrige Schumacher is a garantiesumme from 100 million dollar to receive. In addition still erkleckliche bonus payments come for WM titles, victories and WM points in case of success.

Still before Easter, immediately after the GP of Bahrain, the change is to be announced official. Then the ultimatum ran off, which had placed Schumachers manager Willi weber the team Williams BMW. After five years in the team team head franc Williams the German wants to shorten the Gage, so far estimated 16 million, sensitively, dollar annually allegedly to a quarter, with however substantially higher scoring and victory premiums. This suggestion displeased Ralf Schumacher and manager weber.
System Ferrari is to be copied
Toyota plans to copy with the younger Schumacher brother the system Ferrari. Around Schumi II, which won six times so far with 117 GP starts only, team is to develop, with which from Cologne operating Japanese on the success trace to finally drive want. Toyota applies with an annual budget of scarcely a half billion dollar as Kroesus in the formula 1-Branche. This number is however disclaimed by Toyota. One refers to the fact that that was back-screwed formula 1-Budget 2004 in the comparison to the previous year by twelve per cent.

Michael Schumacher was changed to its two first WM titles in the year 1996 to Ferrari. Together with team head Jean Todt, Konstrukteur Rory Byrne and tactics genius Ross Brawn had to through-suffer Schumacher however only three lean years. Only 1999 were gotten the technical designer WM after Maranello. The possible title in the driver WM missed Schumacher at that time, because he had to pausieren after its leg break in Silverstone for months. Starting from the year 2000 the red ones were not to be stopped then no more: in the last four years Ferrari got both WM titles in each case.
Personnel problems with Williams Villeneuve returns?
Ralf Schumachers separating with Williams places the English team before personnel problems. The Marks of Webber gemanagte by Renault formula 1-Boss Flavio Briatore stands on the desire list far above. The change of the jaguar driver could fail however because of the veto of the Italian. Besides Webber is free only if Jaguar is platziert to season center in the technical designer valuation more badly than on rank six. Thus the chances of the ex-Williams-driver Jacques Villeneuve would rise to formula a 1-Comeback.

It looks like Scott Dixon might be on his way to get one of the places at Williams BMW.
Jaques isn't good enough to get back and I don't think Ralf has what it takes.

My guess is that in two years time we'll have Alonso against Button and R?ikk?nen as the main fight.

what about rumors that Jeff Gordon could be in Williams in the next couple of years?

Jeff Gordon?? Hard to imagine how a Nascar driver used to racing on a banked circuit would do in F1 haha. Maybe by then I'll have reasons to watch F1 :mrgreen: .

there was speculation about that and he would bring american money and viewers to the sport plus he raced in a F1 for Williams on the speed channel a while back and was 4sec of the best lap montoya did. not bad for a first time ride in an F1 car for drivers that make only left turns.

he has been courted by williams recently, so it could be possible but Williams is more interested in Mark Weber especially if he has a good year but the number two driver could be Jeff.

from BBC news,

Ralf dampens Toyota rumours

Ralf Schumacher admits Williams have struggled
Williams driver Ralf Schumacher has rejected rumours he is on the verge of leaving the team to join Toyota.
A meeting between his manager Willi Weber and team boss Frank Williams this weekend has been cancelled, but Schumacher played this down.

"I don't think there will be a decision made after Bahrain. We are still negotiating and both sides know what they want," he said.

"I am not in any rush to get this sorted out," added the 28-year-old.

Schumacher is currently seventh in the championship standings after two races, 15 points behind his brother Michael, who leads, and he admitted Williams had not been operating on full capacity yet this year.

"We are pretty unhappy with the last two races," said Schumacher.

"It is a bit surprising that we could not get it together when you look at the end of last year when we were very close to Ferrari and were beating them at times.

"But I don't think it is going to take us as long as it did last year to sort out the problems. I'd say we are only three or four tenths away at the moment."