[F1] Seven Michelin teams facing charges

[F1] Seven Michelin teams facing charges

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
bihus said:
During the US GP, the portuguese commentators stated that there were rumours of Las Vegas receiving it in the future. So maybe FIA was so intransigent because of that.
64.gif

i second that, i read somewhere also that las vegas could be/is an option after the contract with indianapolis expires

Yeah, I remember Martin Brundle saying that Bernie Ecclestone had said he wanted a purpose built racetrack at las vegas.

As for the corksrew at laguna seca not working for F1 cars, I had thought of that, I just think it would be damn cool to see them try!

Skett said:
Yeah, I remember Martin Brundle saying that Bernie Ecclestone had said he wanted a purpose built racetrack at las vegas.

As for the corksrew at laguna seca not working for F1 cars, I had thought of that, I just think it would be damn cool to see them try!

I think i never made that turn right in any game I played so far... :lol:

I wonder what colour little bernie chose for his Ferrari 'gift'..

The corkscrew is even steeper though. Its practically a cliff.

However, the champ cars run there and they are just as low on the ground as F1 cars. I think they could happily go over it, it would just be a slightly different line they would need to take!

One thing that worries me a little though is the facilities. I dont mean in terms of fans, they can easily accomodate 90000 people there, as they do for WSBK and will do later this month for the Moto GP. However, the paddock area isnt the biggest, and i dont think there are any real permanent garages.

Also, more worryingly, the walls are often very close to the track. With the cornering speeds of F1 cars, and quite a few fast corners with very little run off (turns 5 and 6 particularly) it would need alot more air fencing and such should F1 go there. Its definately a track that needs to have a GP anyway.

On the topic of tracks that should have GP's, we need F1 at Kyalami, a wonderful track, which also has a very good heritage!

It is. The turn on the far left of the picture (i cant remember what its called) is a superb corner, off camber and tight. It really is a top class circuit!

Best track is still Brands Hatch, much like laguna seca it has almost nothing in terms of runoff areas though, thats why they stopped running F1 there in the first place. One of the best tracks in the world for spectators though, there are grandstands where you can see half the track!