F1 should employ WTCC/V8 supercars style Reverse grid order.

kekekeke

Use qualifying only for the first race, and then afterwards take the race result and reverse it to form the next grid positions. That would be fun.

I think it may cause too many crashes in the first corner, but it would be very very interesting. But somehow I don't see it working.

Purists already deal with the fact the electronics practically drive F1 cars. I don't think they'll be happy when the fastest people, for whatever reason, are chucked to the back of the grid. It goes against traditional racing and I for one would hate if it affected the F1's.

In the V8's, its been criticised for the amount of carnage that has been caused. So much so that it has been abolished from the V8 calender as of the conclusion of the next round.

It will be entertaining but as jayjaya29 said - I don't see it working....

so if you would have a bad pit or sth, and your chances for victory are ruined, you can fake a small crash, and next race, start from first place?

bone said:
so if you would have a bad pit or sth, and your chances for victory are ruined, you can fake a small crash, and next race, start from first place?
I don't know what its like in the WTCC but in the V8's, DNF's mean you don't benefit from the reverse grid. Only people who finish the race (over 75% race distance) are elegible to be flipped in the reverse grid format.

But its irrelevant in the F1's....theres only one race :bangin:

Why? It would be fun watching stronger teams overtake, and it would take strategy to a whole new level. As much as a fan of F1 i am, sometimes I agree with the critics that there aren't enough battles going on.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
bone said:
I don't know what its like in the WTCC but in the V8's, DNF's mean you don't benefit from the reverse grid. Only people who finish the race (over 75% race distance) are elegible to be flipped in the reverse grid format.

But its irrelevant in the F1's....theres only one race :bangin:[/quote

wtcc is something like only the top 7 (or was it 10) cars of the first race reverse while everyone outside of the top 7 will start from the positions they started from.

The simplest way to make it fair is to widen the straight by..oh i don't know...20 yards; the entire grid starts each race side by side. That way the fans get a good old fastened drag race to the first corner. :lol: 2 for 1 :p

As SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said it wouldn't work for F1 because there is only 1 race per round unlike the V8s where there are 3 races per round, with the exception of a few rounds.

I personally don't like reverse grid races and I am glad they have been abolished from the V8s ... again. They introduced it a few years ago and it failed then.

teletubby-warrior said:
The simplest way to make it fair is to widen the straight by..oh i don't know...20 yards; the entire grid starts each race side by side. That way the fans get a good old fastened drag race to the first corner. :lol: 2 for 1 :p

I've always thought that about all kinds of racing, even though it's not possible.

i think they should start out of the car, and like in the old days, first have to run to it, and get in before taking off :p

^ I can see drivers not bothering with the seatbelts and flying off in turn 1 and ending up on turn 3, going 100mph lol