F1 VS Rally debate

Ok, traditionally people use enter after a sentence, not in the middle of it :lol: .
Also, instead of using lots of comma's, consider starting a new sentence :wink: .

BTW, I agree with most of your arguments (and IMHO rallying is tougher than F1), but having been a passenger and a driver in an open wheel car once, you wouldn't believe how much energy it takes to go through a corner at a few Gs.
You can imagine it, but then once you actually experience it, it's like :shock: :shock: followed by :mrgreen: x 100.

lancerwrc said:
much more coordination than f1 drivers, they have to listen to pace

notes, analaze them, follow them, as well as changing gear, making

nessecery changes to the car's settings, watching out for obsticles, make

the choice of getting the faster line, facilitating feet movements, making

sure he does not go over the rev limiter, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Second,

they have to work out either more or the same as f1 drivers. Reason- f1

drivers dun get hot because they have huge amounts of air racing

towards their face, Rally drivers get so heated up that sometimes they

get heat stroke. Tempretures can reach over 55 degrees centigrade. Yes

f1 drivers have to withstand g-forces, but look at the way they move their

steering wheel, its granny slow! Rally drivers have to steer, than counter-

steer, they have to turn extremely quick, fling the wheels left to right then

left again! Their muscles have to be STRONG like steel. Sometimes, they

have to push their car, which takes alot of effort to do so. IMAGINE

FLINGING THE STEERING WHEEL LEFT TO RIGHT AND LEFT AGAIN

CONTINUESLY FOR 10 MINUTES AVERAGE PER STAGE! That requires

HUGE amount of STAMINA! Rally drivers have to have a very strong

stomach- The cars go from 0-100 in 3 over seconds! They corner left

while the car is sideways at over 120kmph! And most of all, they FLY the

car over crests, which by the way also reqiures a strong head for the

landing! So, I think that it takes more to be a rally driver than a f1 driver.

SOLVED! :D

most of that you mentioned is what F1 drivers go through, they need to be fit as well. heat stroke? comon how ridiculous is that, there is no wind that gets to cool the F1 drivers, they have a thick helmet on and are in race gear. how can the wind cool them down when they are in thick race gear and a helmet??

and on top of that, 10min per stage, WOW sounds grueling. epspecially with a co-driver assisting in track info and other bullshit. an F1 driver is by himself, races for hours, not mins and races against others meaning that there is possibility of crashing with other cars and crashing into a barrier.

yeh but....remember...the only times the rally drivers can rest is only during service, other than that, they finish a stage, make repairs along the way, than go to the next stage....and they work out much more than the f1 drivers...which makes them hotter....esp during the hot rallyes.... :p

so a 10-17sec pit stop is more rest than a few mins while a rally car is serviced or fixed??

comon.

f1 is just racing around a loop of track 70 times or so. in rally, the drivers are not familiar with the stages. its not like they can get used to them like f1 drivers can for a track. also, the stages change from year to year so they're never the same

and how many F1 drivers make mistakes going through the same chicane or turn.

its not familiarity but the execution that an F1 driver has to persistently do over and over again.

MercedesAMG said:
i think lancerwrc put it best.. i agree with him 110%

Thanks buddy, just wana make a point across to ppl who think that f1 is tougher than rallying...I mean..the essence of rallying is all about getting tired and hot while driving the car in the fastest and most spectacular way!

they get just as hot as an F1 driver but get tired more due to the hard force of the steering and g-forces.

i dunno about that.. with WRC it takes true skills... in F1 it takes skill but all your doing is going around the exact smae track over and over and over again.. you learn to perfect it.. in WRC.. you dont know whats coming up.. thats why you got the other guy telling you how much to turn and all that stuff.. they run it once to figure out the turns and all but then they have to adjust when it comes to weather changes

with WRC... you dont have a pit.. if you break down.. you get out and fix it yourself also.. you cant do that in F1

yeh...the driver in f1 does not do anything about fixing his car...whereas in WRC...those drivers really sweat...and they work out their body much more than in f1...

they are racing against each other...DUH! Than what do u think the WRC is all about....

na...but whats the diffference...in rallying....u dun noe what the other driver's times are...so it really makes u push the car hard...in fact...it is easier to race knowing how fast the opponent is and seeing him rather than not knowing what time he's posting and dun even see him...now thats challenging...beside all the other natrual elements such as heat that you have to battle..

I don't think this debate is ever going to go anywhere. They are completely different forms of racing and realistically there isn't a constructive way you can compare them. It's like asking: what's harder, bike racing or car racing?

But on the heat issue, rally drivers get extremely hot during a stage, but wouldn't sitting in a cramped cockpit with a 700+ horsepower V10 mounted inches behind you be incredibly hot?

Both rally and F1 are extremely hard on cars and drivers... extremelly hard in different ways though. They are so incredibly different that no one could ever say "rally is harder" or "F1 is harder".

MercedesAMG said:
i dunno about that.. with WRC it takes true skills... in F1 it takes skill but all your doing is going around the exact smae track over and over and over again.. you learn to perfect it.. in WRC.. you dont know whats coming up.. thats why you got the other guy telling you how much to turn and all that stuff.. they run it once to figure out the turns and all but then they have to adjust when it comes to weather changes

with WRC... you dont have a pit.. if you break down.. you get out and fix it yourself also.. you cant do that in F1
well i think that in F1 you must have more skills...the spees they are going are a little bit HIGH..also has anybody heard sth about the g-forces in f1?i think continues g-forces around 1.6g is big....

1.6g BIG????? You even call that big.....wonder if u have ever experienced it before...even in Go-Karts...u get more g!