F1 who do you think was responsible in US Grand Prix

F1 who do you think was responsible in US Grand Prix

  • Max Mosley

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferrari

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bridgestone teams

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIA

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis motor speedway

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

GraemeH

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
2,976
Location
Scotland, UK
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
bihus said:
American Idiot said:
GraemeH said:
To prevent the circus that happened from happening. That's why. They would still have got a 1-2 if they had accepted the other teams offer of only bridgestone scoring.

Also someone up there mentioned the Interlagos race where it poured, and bridgestone were favoured. I didn't think of that.
Interlagos 2003 was the race in question.
The regualtion back then was that teams could only bring 1type of wet weather tyre. the bridgestone brought regular wets. and not monsoon tyres. and in 2003 there was very heavy rain suited for monsoon tyres and not regular wets. that was beyond the control of bridgestone, how could they know what the weather will be like. even with forcast.
they forcasted rain for Canada this year and nothing happened, so weather forcast cant be totally relied upon.
If they didn't have the right tires, they could have driven slowly?!?!? Or that only applies to Michelin teams on the Indy's turn 13?
Yeah, agreed. I mean, i remember the race, and it wasn't safe, i critisized the rules of only 1 type of wet tyre. Not them for delaying the race for the safety of the people who didn't have monsoon tyres. So i'm not saying they should have been told "too bad, drive slower", but being consistant with what happened at indy, they would have been told that, which is just silly.
 

bihus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
4,618
Location
Portugal
Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
GraemeH said:
bihus said:
American Idiot said:
GraemeH said:
To prevent the circus that happened from happening. That's why. They would still have got a 1-2 if they had accepted the other teams offer of only bridgestone scoring.

Also someone up there mentioned the Interlagos race where it poured, and bridgestone were favoured. I didn't think of that.
Interlagos 2003 was the race in question.
The regualtion back then was that teams could only bring 1type of wet weather tyre. the bridgestone brought regular wets. and not monsoon tyres. and in 2003 there was very heavy rain suited for monsoon tyres and not regular wets. that was beyond the control of bridgestone, how could they know what the weather will be like. even with forcast.
they forcasted rain for Canada this year and nothing happened, so weather forcast cant be totally relied upon.
If they didn't have the right tires, they could have driven slowly?!?!? Or that only applies to Michelin teams on the Indy's turn 13?
Yeah, agreed. I mean, i remember the race, and it wasn't safe, i critisized the rules of only 1 type of wet tyre. Not them for delaying the race for the safety of the people who didn't have monsoon tyres. So i'm not saying they should have been told "too bad, drive slower", but being consistant with what happened at indy, they would have been told that, which is just silly.
Ok, sorry. ;)

FIA and specially Mosley are acting like a child, who arrives with the ball, and wants to be the star...
 

buvan

Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
10
Location
Melbourne, Australia
bihus said:
GraemeH said:
bihus said:
American Idiot said:
GraemeH said:
To prevent the circus that happened from happening. That's why. They would still have got a 1-2 if they had accepted the other teams offer of only bridgestone scoring.

Also someone up there mentioned the Interlagos race where it poured, and bridgestone were favoured. I didn't think of that.
Interlagos 2003 was the race in question.
The regualtion back then was that teams could only bring 1type of wet weather tyre. the bridgestone brought regular wets. and not monsoon tyres. and in 2003 there was very heavy rain suited for monsoon tyres and not regular wets. that was beyond the control of bridgestone, how could they know what the weather will be like. even with forcast.
they forcasted rain for Canada this year and nothing happened, so weather forcast cant be totally relied upon.
If they didn't have the right tires, they could have driven slowly?!?!? Or that only applies to Michelin teams on the Indy's turn 13?
Yeah, agreed. I mean, i remember the race, and it wasn't safe, i critisized the rules of only 1 type of wet tyre. Not them for delaying the race for the safety of the people who didn't have monsoon tyres. So i'm not saying they should have been told "too bad, drive slower", but being consistant with what happened at indy, they would have been told that, which is just silly.
Ok, sorry. ;)

FIA and specially Mosley are acting like a child, who arrives with the ball, and wants to be the star...
I agree with that.......... :cheers:
 

kanderson

Active Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
365
Location
Springville, Utah, USA
Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
It's a nice gesture, but it's not about ticket money. I know guys that spent thousands of dollars to make the trip back east to see the race. Are they going to reimburse travel and lodging expenses? Of course not. There were also many millions of angry television fans and a reputation of being arses that they're going to have trouble repairing.
 

bihus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
4,618
Location
Portugal
Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
In the end, I think the main guilty for not having a race was Mosley.
 

ArosaMike

Resident Kart Racer
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
883
Location
Leamington Spa
Car(s)
Mk5 VW Golf GTI, Aston Martin Vantage GT4 Race Car
kanderson said:
It's a nice gesture, but it's not about ticket money. I know guys that spent thousands of dollars to make the trip back east to see the race. Are they going to reimburse travel and lodging expenses? Of course not. There were also many millions of angry television fans and a reputation of being arses that they're going to have trouble repairing.
And I suppose you think that Michelin are being unreasonable not to pay for everyones food they the brought over the weekend, the film in their cameras, the sun block they used and to fund scientific research into finding a way to give the weekend they spent at Indianapolis back to them :p

You can't deny that it's a very good gesture by Michelin. It's gonna cost them upwards of $10,000,000 for christs sake!
 

kanderson

Active Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
365
Location
Springville, Utah, USA
Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
You can't deny that it's a very good gesture by Michelin
I DIDN'T deny it was a very good gesture. They'll get their money back from that gesture many times in the form of tire sales. But it won't fix Formula 1's damaged reputation. They've shot themselves in the head.
 

bihus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
4,618
Location
Portugal
Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
kanderson said:
You can't deny that it's a very good gesture by Michelin
I DIDN'T deny it was a very good gesture. They'll get their money back from that gesture many times in the form of tire sales. But it won't fix Formula 1's damaged reputation. They've shot themselves in the head.
They will be mocked for many years to come, but this has made F1 known to many people (for the wrong reasons, obviously). I think F1 still has a great potencial in the US.
 
Top