• bridgestone teams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIA

• Indianapolis motor speedway

• Total voters
100% MICHELIN!!!!!!

I think the FIA should force the teams to go out....... even if they have to buy bridgestone tires

why are we having 3 threads about the exact same topic/issue? :?

And you shouldn't combine michelin teams and micheline itself. I'm 100% sure all michelin drivers wanted to race and all mechanics/pitcrew wanted them to race.

So yeah, michelin screwed up. It is to blame for causing the situation. FIA is to blame for not solving the situation.

michletter.jpg

yeah I'd say michelin, tho I do hate max mosley and think he should be blamed even if it wasn't really his fault

It's Michelin's fault - but there's no Michelin option - so I'll go for Indianapolis seeing as their resurfacing contributed :D

Responsible for what?

For not having tires fit to race? Michelin.
For not entering the race? Michelin teams.
For resurfacing so badly? Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
For not accepting a chicane? Ferrari.
For not thinking about the fans? FIA (Max Mosley) and FOA (Bernie Ecclestone).
For keeping up with the race and making it a farse? Bridgestone teams.

Just my pov.

Michelin becuase they have a duty to supply safe and useable tires for each and every race. Since they didn't do that, then it became a whole fiasco and all the parties got involved. So just about all of them are to blame, but it is Michelin's job to supply safe tires.

bihus said:
Responsible for what?

Just my pov.

Demented Freak said:
There is no one party entirely at blame.

bihus said:
Responsible for what?

Just my pov.

I agree with your first point but the rest are unfounded and unfair.

Michelin Teams? They had no choice Michelin said they cannot race. and the teams have to follow Michelins instructions.

IMS? The reason they resurfaced the track was that the IRL teams didnt have enough grip. And it worked for IRL teams, but an F1 car much more downforce to get them through the infield section. thus the tyre wear is bigger.

Ferrari not accepting the chicane? Ferrari never said NO to the chicane. What they said was that it is not up to them to decide its up to the FIA.

Not think about the fans? FIA (Max?) FOA (Bernie?) The FIA gave several reasonable suggestions to Michelin and the teams. But Michelin rejected all of them (Blackmailed the FIA). And Bernie has nothing to do with the running of the Grand Prix, he doesnt have a say in those matters.

Making it a farce? Bridgstone? You wouldve like the Bridgestones go into the pits and then nothing happens on track?? They had contratual obligations to sponsor, TV stations, spectators, to race. They did their job.

I think no one is 100% at fault.... everyone had a little to do for the screwup in the GP... if everyone compromise a little, there would still be at least 20cars starting

Mosley defended the decision not to allow a chicane.

"It would have been unfair, against the rules and potentially dangerous," Mosley said. "To radically change a circuit like Indianapolis ... would be a disadvantage to the teams which had brought correct equipment to the race."

I blame Michellin 100%. You dont alter a track at the last minute, you cant blame Ferrrari for actually being prepared to race so Michellin is where i see the blame go.

Well I dont see how Bihus could blame Indiannapolis Speedway for "resurfacing so badly" when 3 teams were able to race on that "bad surface".

I dont blame Ferrari, they shouldnt have to alter the track to accomodate teams that didnt have their tires ready for the race.

FIA, well they couldnt postpone the race, what were they to do?

Max Mosley, Bernie Ecclestone, well what could they have done besides making an alteration on the track which is unfair to the teams that were prepared to race.

On top of that, Michellin said they could have had new tires bough over from france but they would have also been unsafe, basically they didnt come to the GP with suitable equipment.

The race teams cannot be blamed for not racing, they were listening and taking side on be cautious.

Michellin is to blame, 100%.

Let me know if you feel different.