[F1] Wurz takes Webber's position at Williams

An announcement could be made tomorrow (Tuesday) about Mark's seat for 2007 and if not tomorrow it will more then likely happen this week. Stay tuned...

8)

flyingfridge said:
see that smirk and the glint in his eye when he said that he'd like to tell the aussies something but just couldn't? he's either got a deal signed or close to with one of the big ones. sure of it.

hahaha, so true mate, he just wanted to blurt something out for only Australians to hear :lol: I'd say at the time of the interview he would have 99% have signed with someone, just the look in his eyes said it all.

My money's on Red Bull, next year's car will be a good choice. I anticipate it being v.competitive.

skip said:
fbc said:
^ Don't be too quick to knock Red Bull - remember next year's car will be an Adrian Newey design, that plus either Renault or Ferrari engines could make it a very quick race car.

You must also remember that it would be very embarressing for Renault or Ferrari (who ever supplies the engines) if Red Bull start beating them on the track ! also what type of agreement they they have? will they supply the engines as part of a sponsor deal? or will Red Bull buy them? either way they won't give them the best parts, they will go to the factory teams first.

Red Bull will buy the engines. Originally(AFAIK) the plan was that Red Bull would get the Renault engines and Heikki Kovalainen, so that Renault could get Kimi without leaving Heikki to test for another year.

But I do suppose you're right, the customer engines are unlikely to be as good as the factory ones. However, I'd expect them to be more competitive than the current Ferrari engines.

Devon said:
An announcement could be made tomorrow (Tuesday) about Mark's seat for 2007 and if not tomorrow it will more then likely happen this week. Stay tuned...

8)

what makes you say that? source!! ...please

flyingfridge said:
Devon said:

8)

what makes you say that? source!! ...please

I have my sources and they sure pulled through. ;)

But seriously, I read in an article that there would be an announcement possibly on Tuesday and Neil Crompton said at the start of the Hungarian GP that Mark may make an announcement about his team on Tuesday.

Also, I did a calculation, everyone said an announcement would be made this week, including Mark. So I predicted that it would be a Tuesday because:

a) It was straight after an GP event, so they'd wait until the GP weekend was over first, but while F1 was still on everyones mind.
b) Williams annonced the Wurz deal on the Tuesday after the German GP, so it made sense.

That's how I came up with my theory and it turned out to be correct. :)