F350 Mileage landmak

Somebody should at least buy this guy a Tesco Value Beer of Triumph.

Good job truck man.

Definitely pretty cool, especially with how people rag on Ford's for being crappy trucks. Still, big rig trucks (aka Semi trucks) regularly last well over a million miles in that time frame pulling up to 8 times the weight. I guess they are kind of built for it though. No matter what, its impressive that any vehicle makes it that far.

I hate people who burst into tears when their cars near the 100k mark... built tough indeed. :p

they are completely different achievements. You cant really compare 2.6 million miles in a car to 1 million miles while hauling 11,000lbs
Sure you can. Towing is exactly what the F350 was built to do and that weight isn't even pushing its capabilities. Plus the guy drives so slow he makes my grandpa look like Tony Stewart.

And let Volvo win?? Screw that, give the man free maintenance, gas, and tires for the life of the truck! :p
They ought to at least make a commercial with this guy and his truck in it.

So when is Ford going to buy him a new truck?

And let Volvo win?? Screw that, give the man free maintenance, gas, and tires for the life of the truck! :p
Yeah I am betting on a bunch of "your warranty is up but we'll do it anyway/discount it" repairs. Shit like this will sell more trucks then any commercial could.

I want to see the picture of his odometer doing 999,999.9

We don't have enough Tescos over here to do that. We could get him the Walgreens equivalent, Big Flats Beer, though.

I wish walgreens sold alcohol in my state. Would have made working there much more bearable.

I wish walgreens sold alcohol in my state. Would have made working there much more bearable.

No to mention your career there shorter :p

"Why is kat passed out on the photoprinter again?"

Last edited:
I would have to drink something quite strong for that. I have issues drinking any liquid quickly unless I am eating potato chips or something so it on average takes me a hour or two to finish one mikes lemonade (I refuse to drink things that don't taste good when there are beverages that do) so even at my pitiful weight I only really end up buzzed.

Adds to bucket list:

"get kat realy drunk"

America, TRUCK YEAH?!

Er, well congratulations to that guy. That's really awesome considering he towed trailers with it and all. (And lol @ the people who said he'd have to get the engine replaced at 300k. Sometimes engines are quite good at lasting a long time, look at my car- 202k on an engine that was only supposed to last for 100k. =P)

wasn't there a thread a while back where some n00b was arguing with me that American trucks don't last very long? IN YOUR FACE!

saying that a Heavy Duty Ford truck is garbage is like a saying a Corolla is a gas guzzler.

i must say, i have given Ford props to their trucks for many years, but this is by far very impressive.

More than the fact that the truck is build tough, I think the real point is showing how long a vehicle can last if its properly maintained. Thats the reason most people get rid of used cars after 100k miles. Something like an alternator or a starter or an engine seal starts to fail and people think the whole car is crap. Alternators and stuff like that are just going to fail after a while. It doesn't mean the car is crap, it just means it needs some attention.

More than the fact that the truck is build tough, I think the real point is showing how long a vehicle can last if its properly maintained. Thats the reason most people get rid of used cars after 100k miles. Something like an alternator or a starter or an engine seal starts to fail and people think the whole car is crap. Alternators and stuff like that are just going to fail after a while. It doesn't mean the car is crap, it just means it needs some attention.

Sure, but when it gets to the point where you'd have to spend the value of the car each year to keep it running what's the point unless it's out of sentimentality?

I wonder how much he spends on maintenance a year versus the value of the truck?

Sure, but when it gets to the point where you'd have to spend the value of the car each year to keep it running what's the point unless it's out of sentimentality?

I wonder how much he spends on maintenance a year versus the value of the truck?

Apart from regular oil changes and maintenance, including 10 sets of tires, Mueller has done virtually nothing to his truck and as long as it remains economically viable, he?ll keep on hauling campers with his ?02 Super Duty. ?I don?t think I could be happier with a truck,? he says.

It says he hasn't done much besides normal maintenance and even if it is more than the truck is worth it is still cheaper than buying a new one, besides at this point he might as well drive it just to see how long it will continue to run.

Oh my God, why would someone need a vehicle that big? He could have rented a Ford Ka and towed those RVs.

Oh my God, why would someone need a vehicle that big? He could have rented a Ford Ka and towed those RVs.

Or a Merc van with a microscopic diesel.