F350 Mileage landmak

I can't tell if you guys are kidding or are just idiots.

It's argatoga. Of coarse he's joking. When is he not? :p

... I think the real point is showing how long a vehicle can last if its properly maintained. .

My 98 Taurus has over a quarter of a million miles on it. :D

My mom used to have an old '77 LTD station wagon that had over 750,000 miles on it when she sold it. :)

you live in europe, where even highways have bends! ;)

I don't know if it's different for truck tires but 70.000 miles pr. set of tires seems like a lot?

Truck tires are usually a lot harder than, say, a passenger or performance car. Plus, I imagine, at 60 mph, wear is a lot less.

While that mileage is impressive, I have to wonder if there are any commercial trucks or vans with more than this.

Semi-trucks aren't considered used until they have a million miles on them. :p

Okay not really, but they get some serious miles put on them.

I meant like a F-350 used by a commercial industry.

It would be unusual in the extreme if you found one - most companies unload them by about 500K or so, if not long before. In fact, many industries dump them not too long after they're fully depreciated, both for tax reasons and to keep maintenance costs down - new trucks come with a warranty.

Even city fleets run actuarial tables (though often long out of date) that dictate when an otherwise operational vehicle gets put out to pasture to avoid a jump in maintenance costs, etc. That's why you see cop cars getting surplussed out at 100K, diesel trucks getting auctioned at 250K, police bikes at a mere 50K, etc., etc.

Last edited:
The difference is this truck has nothing done to its power train. The volvo is on its third engine. However in the volvo's defense it did run 1.3million on the second rebuild.

Ok so someone find the most miles ever on a vehicle with a combustion engine and at least 2 wheels. I'm curious...

I'd imagine that would probably go to a long haul airliner. :p