Fabi's Golf Mk-5

Did anyone else read Mk-5 as MX-5, and get slightly confused when clicking on this thread? Anyway, nice car!

May be right, but my car has got a 'Standheizung' (google means pre-heating) which isn't compatible with E10... my VW Dealer said I shouldn't use it at all, it isn't compatible etc. :(

And because I love this car so much, I won't drive it on E10.

My next car will ppb. be a Golf VI or a Touran, we'll see. In future more space may be needed and I dont want to buy a new car every year !

The Golf VI is a horrible car, don't waste your money.

:mrgreen:

May be Time for sort-of an update after one year:

The car is still mine (unlike the Dacia) , it runs great, handles well... just like a proper car should do.
There is only one problem : Germany doesn't like my car anymore:

We've got a new type of fuel here called 'Super E10' which contains 10% of Bio-Ethanol in it. They say its good for the envoirement, but in fact its only a reason to raise fuelprices.

Luckily 90% of all cars can be driven on that fuel...... guess which can't?

Correct, the hyper-modern-FSI-Engines ... thats why I have to pay ~1,70? for a Liter of Super Plus and I can't see the point of keeping this car :'( It looks like I'll have to buy a diesel-powered car again, cheeper to run, you know :(
After some weeks of looking for one, i can tell you that there are few nicely equiped dieselcars with low mileage , and if there is one you can't pay the price :mad:

Geetz

Pah dont worry about diesel and miles... so long as it been serviced, and its not close to its major service they will go forever. Im pretty sure diesels ripen with age. My old skoda with VAG's very very good 1.9 PD TDI 130 engine felt amazing at 135,000 miles. Rev'd very cleanly and pulled nigh on 2 tons of skoda superb like a train whilst still doing 50mpg

May be right, but my car has got a 'Standheizung' (google means pre-heating) which isn't compatible with E10... my VW Dealer said I shouldn't use it at all, it isn't compatible etc. :(

And because I love this car so much, I won't drive it on E10.

My next car will ppb. be a Golf VI or a Touran, we'll see. In future more space may be needed and I dont want to buy a new car every year !

Move here, we don't even have the option of buying E10... and every station carries E5.

Also, instead of a Golf VI or a Touran you should get an Octavia. Prettier, cheaper, better built, ...

@Shawn : Are you serious? Afaik the Mk-VI is just a restyled MkV with new Engines ... so nothing bad so far

@narf : Nice idea, but I've got an Octavia as business-car atm, and I quite like it. Unfortunaletly it is the 1.9 TDI (car is from 2007, I think) with 4x4... The suspension is really high and it's handling is quite weird. But okay, the car itself is nice, quite spacious and so on. But for me I'd need some epquiptment like GPS Navigation, Xenons, .... and its really hard to find an Octavia with all that and no leather. I just don't like leather, thats all. ;)
And after looking at my VW Dealers space there are lots of nice Tourans / MkVI's without leather :D

Yeah, built-in GPS and Xenons but no leather is a weird requirement. If you live in the northern half there's a lovely dealer in Hamburg I can recommend who will let you spec anything you want, and will pick it up in Denmark or Italy, depending on where it's cheaper. Might take a few months though.

1.9TDI 4x4 :-? weird combo. My post-facelift 2WD TSI isn't oddly tall and handles nicely. Additionally, at about 1.5 years old and 18500km gone identical cars are offered used on mobile.de for the price I paid new :lol:

@Shawn : Are you serious? Afaik the Mk-VI is just a restyled MkV with new Engines ... so nothing bad so far

I was actually being the exact opposite of serious, I was being sarcastic. Check out my sidebar, I actually own a MkVI myself. :mrgreen:

The MkVI GTI uses the same engine as the MkV GTI though, at least in North America.

I dont like leather, thats all. When its hot outside, and you enter the car standing in the sun (which is usual... ;)) , after that you can't enter the car without burning your as* ... and the oposite in winter: you enter and feel your testicles freezing. Really don't like it, its more expensive and after some years it looks ugly and is shiny. Normal seats are allright, temperature doesn't matter, keep looking nice for years - so why not ?

to the Skoda : Well, its a typical business car ... you know ;)

Because it is an 4WD it was lifted a little to get a little further off road... :D

Could you send me the dealer's adress? Via IM would be besser, I think. Personally I live near Stuttgart, but driving to the North wouldn't be a problem since there are cars and AUTOBAHNS ;)

The MK VI GTI would be a little overkill, even if there was one I ppb couldn't aford keeping a car like that, I'm changing to save money :D

Greez

Weird, usually it's leather that outlasts cloth seats. Also, I've burnt my butt on my cloth seats many times as well :rolleyes: but whatever, that's why we live in Europe where we are free to spec cars the way we like them :nod:

I'll send you the dealer's details along with examplary offers in a sec :cheers: I'm sure there are similar ones in the southern half as well, especially since Italian imports have become viable.

The MK VI GTI would be a little overkill, even if there was one I ppb couldn't aford keeping a car like that, I'm changing to save money :D

I didn't say you should buy a GTI, I just said I owned the GTI variant of the MkVI after I had to explain my initial joke. :p