Jalopnik: Factory tail lights? That's a ticketing.

That's what we get for trusting the Interweb. What an asshat.

I could have made those tinted tails legal in 2 seconds flat with the tasteful application of some bright red LED running lights.

There's a lesson to be learnt here. Don't drive KITT through Maryland.

ITT: G8 driver tries to be the victim, is actually an asshat.

God bless the intrewebz

This is what pigs short in fundings do. Corrupt judges + police = this.

This is what pigs short in fundings do. Corrupt judges + police = this.

You missed half of the thread, turns out he was a lying asshat and the lights were illegal after all.

You missed half of the thread, turns out he was a lying asshat and the lights were illegal after all.

Turns out you missed half the thread, he later stated that his lights were not tinted, as he had removed the tint about 2 weeks before the ticketing.

Turns out you missed half the thread, he later stated that his lights were not tinted, as he had removed the tint about 2 weeks before the ticketing.
So where in this thread does it say that?

He says he removed the tint two weeks before going to court. Therefore there is quite a high chance they still were tinted when he was ticketed. Sounds like he got caught with the tints, removed them and tried to claim that was how they were when he was pulled.

This one's a bit dicey, but the lights in the picture of the G8 in the OP still maintain a red disc when when not illuminated, so it begs the question what do you consider the lighting unit? Is it the whole tail light unit including the indicators and clear surround or just the red light mounted within the assembly?

It's just the red in the center that illuminates.

From what I gathered from the article was the judge was more concerned that the tail lights themselves didn't contain a red reflector. If that's the case all semi-trucks, flat bed trucks and most trailers wouldn't be in compliance. I don't know of any of the round and oblong tail lights used on those type of vehicles that has a built in reflector. Most of them use DOT tape (a red and white alternating reflective tape) for a reflector.

I'd love to see trailers with more style when the tail lights are concerned. Something like a large lens like on a Testarossa or NSX. Although, knowing most truckers, they will end up with Corvette or Camaro taillights on the back of the trailers.

We haven't had a good Internet Douche thread from another car forum in a LOOONNG time. Remember the guy with the Acura whose wife found his relationship rants on the forum because he was too stupid to log out? This one pales in comparison of ownage, it's more like attention whoring on a weak attempt, but it's still something.

Or have I just been out of the loop too long?

We haven't had a good Internet Douche thread from another car forum in a LOOONNG time. Remember the guy with the Acura whose wife found his relationship rants on the forum because he was too stupid to log out? This one pales in comparison of ownage, it's more like attention whoring on a weak attempt, but it's still something.

Or have I just been out of the loop too long?

No, that's basically the last big Internet Douche Thread in recent memory.

This didn't make sense from the moment I read it. If it were true, then they should also ticket everyone driving a Pontiac Vibe, as it uses similar tail light design.

This didn't make sense from the moment I read it. If it were true, then they should also ticket everyone driving a Pontiac Vibe, as it uses similar tail light design.

Annnd Nissan Altima/Sentra. I have heard stories like this countless times from STI owners, MazdaSpeed Proteges, etc. and the tickets were immediately thrown out of traffic court the minute the accused brought a dealer brochure/owners manual in.