Farage Farce!

jack_christie

Forum Addict
UK European and local election campaign descended into a farce like a scene from the Thick of It.

UKIP party spin doctor burst into the live radio says 'I'm sorry, we had an agreement about timing and you've massively overrun...' and dragged Mr Farage out the studio by his suit.

Nigel Farage in car-crash interview as he faces Ukip racism claims
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...interview-as-he-faces-Ukip-racism-claims.html

[video=youtube;-pyYoL9ngtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyYoL9ngtE[/video]

'I'm not having this': Farage challenged on expenses, racism and Ukip candidate who wants to 'shoot poofters'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sh-interview-halted-spin-doctor-live-air.html

Farage a ?phoney? and a ?bull**** artist.?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tack-on-bull-artist-nigel-farage-9380633.html

Last edited:
I love mr. Sullivans actual post on Facebook:

'I rather wonder if we shot one 'poofter' (GBLT whatevers), whether the next 99 would decide on balance, that they weren't after-all? We might then conclude that it's not a matter of genetics, but rather more a matter of education.'

I have a mate involved with the Progress party (sure you remember it, it's the party Anders Behring Breivik was a member of a few years before the Ut?ya attacks), and he's always complaining about some of the people he has to respond to, the mad people who talk about black people being inferior and all that crap.

Sent him the link to the story, and told him that despite the number of morons he has to deal with, at least he's not Nigel Farage.

The issue with Farage is that he's a bit of a crook (I'm writing this behind a pseudonym outside the UK, whe-hey, no libel laws!), and that he's ruthlessly exploiting the MEP expenses system. That, and his party is full of nutters and fruit cakes.

Educate me on Farage, as I know nothing about British politics. As far as I can tell, he is anti-EU (good to be anti-euro; otherwise not sure), anti-gay (bad), pro-defense spending (could be good or bad), and... not a whole lot else. So what's the deal with UKIP and Farage?

His party like Nuclear Power (NB Booo). They have the worst party spin doctors "In the world!" I am stuck of the two things I hate the most "In the world!" they have one policy I agree with, and one I do not.

Their enemies are trying to paint them with the Nick Griffen (Racist) brush instead of dealing with the issues that they have raised.

No matter what their stance on the EU is and what one thinks of it. Like most "Euro-critic" parties, their lines are made up of the usual anti-semitic, racist, conspirationalist nutjobs...

No matter what their stance on the EU is and what one thinks of it. Like most "Euro-critic" parties, their lines are made up of the usual anti-semitic, racist, conspirationalist nutjobs...
The same is often said of the tea party, conservatives in general, gun owners, etc. Usually these accusations are not true. I read about Sullivan's commentary on shooting gays (probably on the list of top 5 most moronic things I've ever heard a politician say); any other instances to back up the claims of discriminatory remarks from UKIP?

No you are wrong - you have just fallen for the 'party' line. Where as they may have their fare share of nut jobs - if you are found to be an ex-member of BNP you are thrown out immediately, something other parties do not do.

It is interesting the difference in reactions between Euros and UK possibly leaving and England with Scotland leaving the UK. England say that is a decision for the Scots, Euros go running about the place like headless chickens moaning about how bad we are - odd to say the least. Probably what they are really worried about is their pocket books (NB Wallets).

The big thing that the Continent has which we do not is that they many hate each other and keep having wars. We just wanted a free trade area, instead we got Jaques Delors. ...

Farage spoof

What people from the Anti-EU camp tend to forget is how far back in time a rollback of the EU would take us. For example, "getting rid of the Euro" would mean to hand exchange rates between currencies to the free market. That hasn't been the fact since the 1970s, when in preparation for the Euro exchange rates in the Eurozone-to-be got locked.

Remember how good the British economy was off in the 70s?

The Euro completely eliminated individual countries' monetary policy, which I think was nearsighted and, as it turns out, had some drastic consequences. Somehow I doubt that most Germans are in love with the idea of having to pull Greece out of the muck.

Actually, we made a handsome profit on bailing out Greece and company. We refinanced a large chunk of our own debt at a comfortable .6 percent, meaning that factoring in inflation our debt is shrinking.

And as I said, eliminating the Euro would mean going back to the 70s. And I don't think any country in the Euro region was better-off than then now, not even Greece or Spain - at least unless you count "suffering under a fascist/military dictatorship" as being better off.

EDIT: There are a number of reasons against an interlinked currency system like the Euro zone from both economic theory and political theory/ideology, I'll give you that. Doesn't mean it didn't work better than the alternative so far.

Last edited:
Actually, we made a handsome profit on bailing out Greece and company.

Especially Geitner, Triche and Merkel forcing other countries to bale out German and French banks.

It would be interesting to know how many followers of jerks like Farage we actually have on this forum who try to pretend they're not :p

Last edited:
Nigel Farage swings behind Team Europe

?I?m Nigel Farage ... and I love Europe.?

What people from the Anti-EU camp tend to forget is how far back in time a rollback of the EU would take us. For example, "getting rid of the Euro" would mean to hand exchange rates between currencies to the free market. That hasn't been the fact since the 1970s, when in preparation for the Euro exchange rates in the Eurozone-to-be got locked.

Remember how good the British economy was off in the 70s?

That was then, remember how good the German economy was in the 1920s - see we can all play that game. Some of our electors thought that our industry would catch efficiency from Germany like the flu - lol! Our economy got better no thanks to the EEC/EU and we could have done much better being closer to the commonwealth and particularly the US rather than the EEC/EU IMHO.

Now no one is proposing getting rid of the EURO in the UK, we have no say in the matter as we were bright enough to dodge that bullet. Loads of pro-EU people were going about the place all forecasting doom unless we joined the EURO, in reality it is a damn good job we didn't. (NB for both EURO countries and us actually).

It was a bloody stupid idea to join the EEC in the 1970s and it has been made worse by uncontrolled expansion and the EURO. I'd like us to be a Switzerland - they do fine and are not clamouring to get it I notice.

Nigel Farage swings behind Team Europe
Oh look he wants Europe to beat the USA, what a sensible chap. (It's sport not government)

Last edited:
I'd like us to be a Switzerland - they do fine and are not clamouring to get it I notice.

You know of course, that Switzerland pretty much adopted all EU regulations and is more or less following all EU standards, right? They need to in order to make business with others. And if Britain should really vote for leaving the EU, they'd need to keep all those standards and regulations, too, in order to still do business with Europe. So not much would change for Britain if they left the EU - except one thing: They'd have no say whatsoever in anything anymore in Europe.

And I think having no say and no authority in Europe is even worse for Britain than bending itself a little to rules everyone else has no problems to follow.

Oh and about the Euro: Doesn't it bother you that the purchasing power of the British Pound has fallen by roughly 25 % against the Euro since 2002? It would bother me, if my money would become worth less and less and I wouldn't be able to afford the same anymore as I was able to afford 10 years ago...

15170744550_02ff0f3bdf_o.jpg

Last edited:
Farage Farce!

So you don't agree that a union like the EU is about give and take? It's one of the basic rules in life: in order to get along there has to be give and take.

But my impression is that the British got the European idea completely wrong from the start. They only saw the upsides and what they could gain. They never really wanted to give, too.

I'm not condemning that. That sort of thinking is a result of the geographical circumstances. I'm only saying that if someone thinks they got it all wrong, they should draw the consequences without constant complaining - even if it means the Mediterranean beaches are suddenly not that accessible or affordable anymore ;-)

Last edited: