Fave Vette gen?

8bitter

Car(s)
BMW 530i
I think the C3 is the best of all time. It had the biggest motor (454ci), longest run (1968-82) and the most made (53,000 in 1979). Which one do you like, and why? :cool:

CARtoonsCorvette.jpg

Endura nose

C3 in video

For me, it's a bit of a toss-up between the C3 and C7.

I like the C3 for its very interesting lines and throaty engine (at least the models I've heard in person).
1968_corvette_convt.jpg

But I'm also fond of more modern designs and technologies, and the C7 strikes cords no other Vette does.
03-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-detroit-opt.png

C5, specifically the Z06. It was the car that put Porsche and Ferrari on notice. It was also a HUGE leap from the previous generation Vette, the C4, in both quality, interior design, as well as performance. Dead reliable, 30mpg, comfortable enough to be a daily driver, yet an absolutely absurdly quick track monster. Love it.

68627-your-fantasy-fleet-low-midpriced-cars-replace-your-miata-dsc_0297z06red-jpg

494_01.jpg

C5 Z06 or this, I can't decide:

1967_Chevrolet_Corvette_%28_C2_%29_Stingray_427_L71_convertible_001_0360.jpg

1967_Chevrolet_Corvette_%28_C2_%29_Stingray_427_L71_convertible_002_3041.jpg

Last edited:
Would it be too cliche to say Split Window Coupe?

IbzNxG2.jpg

I also love the 78 Pace Car, but only without stickers

WTEga2d.jpg

The C3s in general are really nice

cJ4QXUJ.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get a C3 with the aero glass (78-82?), but I also really want a 62. And a 63 of course. But I kinda like the C4s too. And A new one would be really nice.

I suddenly understand why women have so many shoes.... :huh: :think:

Hard to pick a favorite, but my least favored ones would be the C4 and C5. Partly because of the people who drive them around here. They are cheap, loud and visual enough to be the ultimate midlife crisis car..

Z06-Blk-7.jpg

and

may31093.jpg

Tho the C4 is third. C5 because I like the retractable headlamps, most of all.

I think the early C3s (68-69) are some of the best looking American cars ever made (up until the new Viper). I would follow that up with the C6 Z06 (I think the changes for the ZR1 ruin the look, though I'm sure the HP feels great).

Too early for me to comment on the C7.

I'd have to say that my favorite Corvettes are the C2s, from 1963 to 1967. But then, I'm a bit biased - my dad has a 1964 Corvette coupe in Daytona Blue with the 327/300hp engine and a 4 speed.

I'm just trying to decide if I want a 327:

Or a 427:

Although I do have a soft spot for the C4, as I spent the summer of '89 driving my boss's 1988 convertible around Virginia Beach.

I'm torn between the c2 and c3. Ofc only the early c3s, before plastic enduro bumpers and bubble cowl over trunk.

C4 for me, probably the facelift ones are the better choice. Red or black.

I like C5 & C6 Z06s but the interior is just too dreadful. In light of that, I'll have a C7 Z06 please. I really hope they give the LS7 one last run in the 'Vette before it's regulated away. I haven't 'wanted' a vette like I want the C7 probably ever. I'm very impressed by it. And damn do they look great in white:

183d1371477966-white-c7-white-c7.jpg

Last edited:
The classic Corvettes will always be beautiful and desirable, but for me the C6 Z06 has to be my favorite so far. It was just such an impressive performance car, even if the interior was not all plush and fluffy to protect the Rolex's and thin skin of the over-privileged. :p

moto06.jpg

c3 all the way almost bought one for my 30th this last year then wife told me the two sports car killing words "i'm pregnant"(just kidding we were trying). Prefer the 68-69 since they had the bigger motors.

Just saw the new c7 today and cant say I like it much.

Also my neighbor has a c1,c4 zr1,and a c5 z06

C4. It has that awesome 80's sharp angles and simplicity.