Favorite F1 Moment

:lol:

I've seen the racing footage... It's truly a miraculous victory. I recommend you download it. :thumbsup:

Where can I get this??? I read an extensive report about that race on pro-steilstrecke.de (THE N?rburgring fansite, unfortunately its all in german), and have looked everywhere for footage of it!!!

nice sig by the way, looks like Adenauer Forst...

I don?t really have a favorite F1 moment, I really enjoyed watching H?kkinen race, and some of the old Senna footage is quite amazing as well...

but even though I was never very fond of Michael Schumacher I think the one race I am never going to forget was his last one... it just really showed what the man is capable of when he knows its his last race, and I think it was a great way of ending a great career... had he qualified for P1, and simply led the race to the end no one would remember it, like this it?s something I will be telling my grandchildren about...

Michael's effort in Brazil reminds me of his feat in Suzuka 1998, the title decider. He qualified on pole but stalled the car and was sent to the back of the grid. The start itself was fantastic, he passed more than half a dozen cars before first corner, including one stalled car that he missed by inches. And he didn't stop there either, making it all the way up to 12th by the end of first lap. That's skill and commitment for you.

Being a big fan of H?kkinen it was quite and edgy race all the way until Michael eventually retired after a rear wheel exploded. He quite literally drove the wheels off his car.

probably not my all time favourite, but a good one non the less

think its was spa in 94 or 95? schumacher and hill going at it. Hill won the race and was happy. until michael mentioned he'd been stuck in 5th gear for pretty much the entire race. you should of seen the look on damons face...priceless

I don't know exactly who the other driver was, but it was Ralf Schumacher being hit in the Monaco tunnel by Montoya (i think). While he spun backwards in a huge cloud of smoke he pulled the middle finger right at Montoya.

that was alonso wasnt it?

but yeah i know what your on about, t'was great

the dudes having an accident at 150+ and all he cares about is flipping the offending driver the bird as he's spinning round, solid fucking gold!

i wanna mention another good moment, Mansell....when he drove for lotus(?) his car bit the dust and he pushed the mutha-fvcking thing to the pits by himself until he collapsed, he was a proper racer he was, didnt give up once even when his car did! what a man

Spa 1998. raining like hell, first corner all you can see is spray. then coulthard mclaren spears out of the cloud and hits the wall. hilarity and carnage ensues...some teams having both cars wiped out. then just as things are settling, you see a low and slow starting damon hill tip toe his way through the wreckage ! genius! won him the race too and i think it was jordans first win.

Mika Hakkinen at the old hockenheim in germany, dunno what year, may of been his last one...but he's coming out of the trees on the last straight before the complex and one of his tyres fails. and all murry walker can say is "out of the race no points, out of the race no points.....etc" vintage murray

raikkonens 50p shaped wheel that lasted pretty much the whole race until the suspension succumbed to fatigue failure, if he was going any faster he would of taken out sato along with him

Mansell overtaking senna that time where he managed to box senna in right up against a back marker leaving him no option but to slam the breaks on. Mansell then simply side steps around the both of them on the exit of the corner.

Mansell again.... taking berger round the outside of some brutally fast corner in mexico 990, either way it required bollocks the size of the moon....and 2 of em! berger probably didnt know what hit him.

just a few good moments i can remember atm more will come im sure

Last edited:
Mansell again.... taking berger round the outside of some brutally fast corner in mexico 990, either way it required bollocks the size of the moon....and 2 of em! berger probably didnt know what hit him.

Certainly was an outstanding overtaking manoeuvre! A further description of that moment, Mansell at his best:

The Aut?dromo Hermanos Rodr?*guez is not used for Grand Prix racing today. Its surface was always cracked, bumpy and perilously dangerous from being built on a lake bed in earthquake city.

The most fearsome corner of all was the Peraltada - a daunting 180-degree bend taken nearly, but not quite, flat out. With minimal run-off it looked more like it belonged on an oval rather than a road track.

Even today the races that are held there, such as the Champ Car World Series, place a chicane on the entry to the bend rather than attack it flat-out. But that wasn?t so in 1990.

Late in that year?s Mexican Grand Prix Gerhard Berger barged past his old team mate Nigel Mansell to take second place. Mansell, unimpressed, kept on after him.

As they approached the Peraltada to start the last lap Mansell caught the slipstream of Berger?s McLaren. He darted left to right behind the McLaren, as if working himself up to attempt the impossible - which he did.

Nigel Mansell hammered into the Peraltada on the outside of Gerhard Berger, skittering across its savage bumps and clinging desperately for grip on the dusty tarmac.

How many drivers would have attempted the same? Not many. How many drivers might have tried and gone off? Quite a few. It took a uniquely brave driver with Mansell?s affinity for overtaking to produce such a masterpiece.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2g1yrGputA[/youtube]

Personally for me, has to be Mika Hakkinen vs Michael Schumacher, Spa-Francorchamps, 2000. Just because Mika Hakkinen binned it pulling a huge drift earlier in the race, then hunted down Schumi to pull off the already mentioned fantastic overtaking manoeuvre.

For me I think its Kimi@Monaco@2005, about everybody considered Kimi loosing the game big time when he didnt pit while safety car. Then safety car left and Kimi started to push to make gap for safe refueling, he had more fuel reserve and speed than imaginable and managed to make enough gap.

Senna 1993 Donnington

Senna 1993 Donnington

For me it's got to be Senna's 1st lap of the European Grand Prix in Donnington.

Amazing stuff

[YOUTUBE]9Gvafkb14wk[/YOUTUBE]

as we are talking about the greatest f1 moments i think its relevant that we mention greatest drivers.

for me mansell is the greatest driver ever to have not fulfilled his potential and not through fault of his own, he was just an unlucky bastard, that the numerous crashes he had were because of his huge balls.

i saw the video the other day where he's in the back of the pick up truck after the race and he tries to hand his helmet to someone when the truck goes under a low bridge/gantry and mansell smacks his head of it. the murray walker goes an prod's it in the interview lol

another great mansell moment! along with his first weekend in BTCC which was just insane.

my favourite moment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-TieN1ERn8[/youtube]

:mrgreen:

The moment that first sprung to mind:

Jos Verstappen lets past J. P. Montoya, who is confidently crusing torwards his first ever GP victory, and then crashes full throttle into him.

here's the monaco tunnel spin [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRv9iOIvu5Y[/YOUTUBE]

and the pass of schumacher on raikonnen in brazil 06 as well as alonso in the first few lasps of hungary were the best of 2006.

For me it's got to be Senna's 1st lap of the European Grand Prix in Donnington.

Amazing stuff

[YOUTUBE]9Gvafkb14wk[/YOUTUBE]

That was crazy how he managed to go that fast in the wet. If only Schumacher had more suitable tyres we might have seen something like that at Hungary.

Most of my favourties have been mentioned - Villeneuve/Arnoux @ Dijon, Fangio @ Nurburgring and Senna @ Donnington.

Here are some less than savoury moments

Mansell's Last Lap - Canada 1991

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekJ5LqWDFc[/youtube]

Prost and Senna - Suzuka 1989

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0DEgwLLPXg&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

I forgot something that made me laugh my head off, a banner at silverstone this year

"schumi, my granny parks better than you"

Its difficult to say...probably Japan 2005 with the awesome racing between Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso. Those three are in a different world compared to the rest and it was shown by Kimi's pass on poor Fisichella on the final lap. Terrific!

Jensen Button breaking down, 2006 Melbourne. It was the final lap or second last lap. Something like that, anyway he was so pissed off, and I couldn't stop laughing my ass off.

Jensen Button breaking down, 2006 Melbourne. It was the final lap or second last lap. Something like that, anyway he was so pissed off, and I couldn't stop laughing my ass off.

It was the last corner!! He stopped 100meters from the finishline so the team could change the engine without punishment for the next race. :|