Favorite FinalGearers Sports

Favorite FinalGearers Sports

• Total voters

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
So, i just thought it would be cool to see what everyone was into. i was noticing how certain threads pertaining to leagues didnt have as many post as some others so i got y to wondering. What im looking for here is your TOP sport, the one you like the most. Please feel free to tell us why as well.

For me its ice hockey, i just feel it is the most fun to watch and there is almost never a dull moment, of all the pro athletes i know these are by far the nicest people and the most humble. a close second for me would be racing, specifically F1.

My Teams:
NHL-Tampa Bay Lightning
MLB-Tampa Bay Rays
MLB-Atlanta Braves
F1-VMM (but i also follow Merc)
MiLB-Lakeland Flying Tigers (Tigers)
MilB-Port Charlotte Stone Crabs (Rays)

So, im looking forward to what you guys have to say!

Soccer for me and I have no idea why, since I think all the other major sports offered in the United States are stupid, and I think sports in general is stupid. But there is something about this game...

MLS: Chicago Fire
Premier: Arsenal FC
International: United States

MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers/Dallas Mavericks
MLS: Philadelphia Union

College: Temple Owls, Villanova Wildcats, St. Joe's Hawks, University of Pennsylvania Quakers

The Bundesliga in general.

Last edited:
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NFL- New England Patriots
College- Oklahoma State and Indiana
MiLB- Tulsa Drillers (Colorado Rockies)
NBA- Boston Celtics
Premiership- Liverpool
NHL- Boston Bruins
CHL- Tulsa Oilers (Colorado Avalanche)
WRC- Mikko Hirvonen and Ken Block
PGA- Rickey Fowler, Hunter Mahan, Scott Verplank, and Charles Howell III
Euro Soccer- Greece

Last edited:
Favorite Sport is College Football. Then NFL, then NBA. I follow those religiously and everything else more casually.
CFB-Illinois and Texas
CBB-Illinois and Texas
NFL-Chicago Bears
NBA-Chicago Bulls
NHL-Chicago Blackhawks
Premiership-Liverpool
MLS-Chicago Fire
MLB-Chicago Cubs
Mens Tennis-Roger Federer, Sam Querry
PGA-Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson, and Tiger Woods, keep track of D.A. Points because he's an ex-Illini.

1. Rugby (union)
2. Formula 1
3. Soccer
4. Cricket
5. Australian football
6. Ice hockey

Favorite teams from each sport are...

Rugby: Auckland (ITM Cup), Blues (Super 15), New Zealand All Blacks
F1: Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel
Soccer: CSKA Moscow, Real Madrid, Wellington Phoenix
Cricket: New Zealand Blackcaps
AFL: No one in particular, just enjoy watching games here and there.
Hockey: CSKA Moscow (KHL), Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)

For me, it's the NFL, NHL, MLB and NCAA football. Aussie football is quickly becoming a must-watch. I would also think motorsports is obvious given my username.

NFL - Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots
NHL - Nashville Predators
MLB - Boston Red Sox
NCAA - Tennessee Volunteers

Being from Melbourne, the "Sporting capital of Australia" (sorry, couldn't resist a jab :p) watching Australian Rules Football (AFL) at the MCG is about as good as it gets.

AFL - Richmond Tigers
F1 - Neutral supporter
Cricket - Vic Bushrangers, Australia national team
Tennis - Rafael Nadal

These are the main ones, I play and follow other sports a little more casually.

Quick question/s for our American pals: Is there any major difference between College Football and the NFL? I ask because I know College sports are a big thing in the US, and some people prefer College Football. Here, most leagues that are not top level do not attract a lot of interest. Does the NFL get a majority of its draft from College football? Thanks :).

Last edited:
Quick question/s for our American pals: Is there any major difference between College Football and the NFL? I ask because I know College sports are a big thing in the US, and some people prefer College Football. Here, most leagues that are not top level do not attract a lot of interest. Does the NFL get a majority of its draft from College football? Thanks :).

There are minor rule differences between college and the NFL. None are too significant as to change how the game is played majorly I don't think, but they are there. The main ones I can remember off the top of my head

1) A receiver only needs one foot in bounds for a complete pass
2) The clock stops on a first down, and restarts when the ball has been spotted
3) The play clock is 25 seconds starting from when the ball is spotted
4) Kickoffs are taken from the 35 yard line
5) Defensive pass interference is a maximum penalty of 15 yards - if it's less than 15 yards it will be taken at the spot of the foul

That's about all I can think of. And yes, the NFL gets a huge majority of its players from college, I actually can't think of a current NFL player who didn't play at an American college. That's probably why people care so much.

Major differences? Not really, to the casual fan they'd be mostly identical. And usually most of the players included in the draft have played college football.

There are sports outside circuit racing, speedway, road racing, drags, rallying etc.? :blink:
Nah, I guess Tennis, cycling (short races and velodrome not TDF etc it's all tooo long for my attention span), swimming and 20/20 cricket (not the longer forms, again, attention span) are not too bad to watch.

I also used to like gymnastics and figure skating, you know, those sort of things, but I'm rather 'meh' about them now.

Last edited:

The main difference between college and pro football is the athmosphere.

Here's Penn State during white out.

white1js9.gif

Or the "Big House"

yost.jpg

There is a communal sense you get from attending college games, many of the fans are students or alums, versus the rabid enthusiasm of the pro game that comes from city/state pride. Northern schools mostly have alumni fans, whereas you will see non-alumni fans prevalent in SEC schools as many of their states don't possess NFL teams. There are also more traditions in college football as it is an older sport, having started in the late 1800s versus early/mid 1900s.

The main difference between college and pro football is the athmosphere.

I agree...Here`s Oklahoma State during a regular game....we don`t need to hand out matching shirts...:p

boo1_Boone_Pickens_Stadium-s500x250-59636-580.jpg

For me it's F1, NBA, ALMS, LMS, WRC and football to some extent. NBA is the only ''physical'' sport that I follow closely. In football my attention mostly turns to the Champions League, European Championships and World Cup. I used to follow NHL a lot but somehow just lost interest in it.

NBA: Phoenix Suns
F1: McLaren and Lotus
ALMS and LMS: Not a fan of a particular team, I just enjoy watching it.
WRC: Ford
Football: An impartial viewer.

I agree...Here`s Oklahoma State during a regular game....we don`t need to hand out matching shirts...:p

boo1_Boone_Pickens_Stadium-s500x250-59636-580.jpg

Your main color is orange. Penn State's main color is blue, so White Out is a treat. U of I has no problem looking like that either, we are mainly orange as well.

dsc03741.jpg

Last edited:
Your main color is orange. Penn State's main color is blue, so White Out is a treat. U of I has no problem looking like that either, we are mainly orange as well.

I was just kidding... Nevertheless, I think Orange is the best color for a uniform stadium look.

1. NHL - Philadelphia Flyers
2. MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
3. F1 - Anyone not Red Bull or Ferrari
4. Everything else.

Motorsport is usually the one ill watch the most on TV, but thats only because Swimming is not regularly televised (bar the huge events) and Surf Lifesaving Sport doesnt seem to be televised at all outside of Australia.

But if Swimming is on, ill be doing all I can to sit down and watch it. So glad the next Olympics is here... Ill be paying money to see Phelps vs Thorpe in the 200m Freestyle and of course I want to see some simply ridiculous feat of human swimming power in the mens 4x100 Freestyle Relay. If you dont know what Im talking about, google/YT Jason Lezak at the Beijing Olympics in the final of the same event. 46.06 for 100 freestyle as last man in is no joke. Thats the power of doing it for the team, I mean that was the USA swim team telling the rest of the world to suck it. As they usually do.