Favorite FinalGearers Sports

Favorite FinalGearers Sports

• Total voters
College All sports: Appalachian State
College Basketball secondary team: UNC-CH
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
MLB: Atlanta Braves

That's about it, don't keep up with NHL, soccer, racing, or NBA (use to back in the '90s with the Bulls).

Since we are doing college football stadium pics, little piece of heaven:

kidd-brewer-stadium.jpg

Last edited:
Playing Rugby Union - too old now :( and watching England
Football EPL - Aresnal/England (Masochist) of course, and Brazil when they have their tails up
Cricket - Kent/England
Golf - The Open and the Masters plus the Rider Cup - I like to watch who ever is playing well
Motor Sport: F1, WRC and BTCC (If I can find it on I like Bathurst and Le Mans)

Other stuff I enjoy mostly American:
NFL - New Oleans Saints, San Fransisco and the Buffalo Bills (I know not why)
Base Ball - Wrays
NBA - Lakers
NHL - anything that is on where a fight breakes out - so anything that is on. ...

I just tried it in the test forum and couldn't figure out how. Don't think you can :dunno:

If you dont know what Im talking about, google/YT Jason Lezak at the Beijing Olympics in the final of the same event. 46.06 for 100 freestyle as last man in is no joke. Thats the power of doing it for the team, I mean that was the USA swim team telling the rest of the world to suck it. As they usually do.
It was about time they got it right after Athens and Sydney :p. Nah I agree, I have tremendous respect for swimming and the fitness levels required. Lezak's swim was simply awesome but I can't help think it was a bit of a choke from Bernard. Not that I actually know anything about swimming lol.

Thorpe vs Gary Hall Jr. @ Sydney 2000 is also worth a watch I reckon :).

i intended to add a survey poll onto this but something went wrong and it didnt make it. is there a way to add it?

Done, per your PM.

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers (Although I still sometimes watch the Raptors)
MLB:New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays
Soccer: Man U, Arsenal, Toronto FC (MLS)
NFL: New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints
CFL: Toronto Argonauts

I don't follow much other sports. I like F1 and WRC, but I don't have any favourite teams or drivers.

Last edited:
Formula 1.

Sometimes V8 Supercars... but F1 is so much better :p

Football (Soccer) is my one and only true love, but I don't mind other sports. I do get a sense of anger though when people begin to mock the sport here in the US...
MLS: New York Red Bulls (Home Club and a Season Ticket Holder)
National Teams: United States and Poland (I hold citizenship in both)
NFL: NY Jets
College: Penn State
Basketball: NY Knicks
Motorsport: Too many to list because of all the categories.

Sports that I follow regularly

-Motorsport:
-too many to list, pretty much everything that fits my schedule. MotoGP, F1 and WRC mostly.
-Football (known as soccer to some):
-favorite team depends on league
-Ice Hockey:
-Finnish national league, WCs and NHL to some extent

Sports not-so-regularly followed:
-Tennis
-Snooker
-MMA

On another note... why do Americans always favor the EPL if they follow European football?

Sports that I follow regularly

-Motorsport:
-too many to list, pretty much everything that fits my schedule. MotoGP, F1 and WRC mostly.
-Football (known as soccer to some):
-favorite team depends on league
-Ice Hockey:
-Finnish national league, WCs and NHL to some extent

Sports not-so-regularly followed:
-Tennis
-Snooker
-MMA

On another note... why do Americans always favor the EPL if they follow European football?

We like a rougher game, not the beautiful game.

It depends, but I enjoy watching more technical football over the launch the ball forward and hope we score method some teams in England do.

Football - EPL, UCL, Europa League, etc

Winter Sports - World Cup Skiing & Olympics - Downhill, SuperG & GS
(Not much TV coverage in UK :sad:)

Rugby 6 - Nations etc

:)

EPL style for the most part is a lot rougher and physical than Serie A or La Liga. Bundesliga is close in terms of aggressiveness.

ok, i thought that was a sly reference to american football or something. (i think AM Football is massively overhyped)