Favorite/Least Favorite Tracks?

Man, I just remembered about Citta di Aria/Costa di Amalfi, Those where awesome. DLC pleassseee. :D

I hate London (in the game that is).

I actually like Cape Ring.

I love Suzuka and Tsukuba.

I miss Infineon :(

I find Tsukuba only good for FWD cars. The corners are too tight to have fun in a rwd for me.

That is what makes it fun. Watching the BM episode where they pit the new Lexus IF against the M3 was great because all the cars wanted to do was drift.

The NSX type-R is great to take around Tsukuba. It's quick without having too much power, letting you get on the gas early coming out of the turn without spinning the wheels.

I find it is far worse with fwd cars. Fwd cars just understeer understeer understeer, and all the low speed corners just makes dealing with that depressing. Atleast with rwd cars you can get some rotation into the corners so you can actually make it around. In general I hate tracks with low speed corners since you lose time rather than gain time. At Suzuka you can time in the s's and in particular spoon corner. Grand valley is a great track for car setup, because the car wants to fall away from you in so many corners, so a good setup really gains you a lot of time.

Fuji I really dislike the last section. It's challenging because the car always feels awful and finding the right line is hard, but the whole sequence of 3 corners of an off feeling car then a massive straight really makes me dislike the track.

I find it is far worse with fwd cars. Fwd cars just understeer understeer understeer, and all the low speed corners just makes dealing with that depressing. Atleast with rwd cars you can get some rotation into the corners so you can actually make it around. In general I hate tracks with low speed corners since you lose time rather than gain time. At Suzuka you can time in the s's and in particular spoon corner. Grand valley is a great track for car setup, because the car wants to fall away from you in so many corners, so a good setup really gains you a lot of time.

Fuji I really dislike the last section. It's challenging because the car always feels awful and finding the right line is hard, but the whole sequence of 3 corners of an off feeling car then a massive straight really makes me dislike the track.

I dislike Fuji because of all the sequential, decreasing radius turns. WE GET IT, THEY ARE TRICKY, NO NEED TO PUT THREE IN A ROW. Also, in addition to that, the track is so wide that it is difficult to find your line, AND most of the corners are sort of uphill and blind. In general, its a very disconcerting track to drive.

Good tracks: Laguna Seca, the outside of Cape Ring, Nurburgring, Grand Valley

Bad: Full Cape Ring (takes like 20 minutes to do a lap), Fuji (hate that last corner, the straight is way too long)

Good tracks: Laguna Seca, the outside of Cape Ring, Nurburgring, Grand Valley

Bad: Full Cape Ring (takes like 20 minutes to do a lap), Fuji (hate that last corner, the straight is way too long)

I've begun to hate the full Cape Ring. Having done the DTM race and making a very small mistake on the last lap which led to me finishing in 5th rather than 1st, meaning I have to do the whole race again has bolstered my hate of it. That small mistake turned into a massive downfall because of the track design.

I agree with Fuji. The last sequence of corners before the straight... I don't even know what is the best line through there. The corners are too tight and the track is too wide for it to make any sense.

Tsukuba is pretty annoying. Why are they making me do TWO endurance races on there? I already did the 4-hour Miata race, which bored me to tears, then you have to do a 9-hour race...:glare:

Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks. I don't hate Fuji like you guys, but it is a track where power prevails (that's why it was designed for F1).

Also, I hate how a lot of tracks are repeated in events and a lot of good ones from previous games aren't included (as previously mentioned).

I'm A-spec level 22 now, and I have yet to run an event in the rain....which kind of makes me wonder why they included it if it's only for endurance races.

I'm A-spec level 22 now, and I have yet to run an event in the rain....which kind of makes me wonder why they included it if it's only for endurance races.

Wait until you get to level 24 and do the Dream Car Championship. ;)

The Japanese touring car race (I forget what its called) has 10 laps of Suzuka in the rain. It's actually quite fun.

Yep, just did that in my newly-purchased 787B. Some might call that unfair. :)

I just tried the full Cape Ring course, in reverse configuration it really wasn't bad. I do prefer the 360 section in the forward direction though, it just feels more dramatic.

It probably helped that I was driving a 950 HP Aston Martin :D

I love the 24hr configuration of the Nurburgring with the time and weather effects. Dead middle of the night - cockpit view with highbeams and windshield wipers on - it's no longer a race, but a journey.

I also echo others' sentiments about Cape Ring - it's too video game-y! I also don't fancy Fuji as well, especially the last sector - it feels too slow and awkward.

Yeah, I can't say I fancy Cape Ring all that much either. I also don't like London, and R246. My favourite tracks are the Nurburgring, Cote d'Azur and of course, the Top Gear test track. I wish they added more tracks in though.

cape ring is by far my least favorite, i just cant find the flow and the over-all design (especially the helix) feels like something that would be in one of those old arcade games like daytona usa

Tracks i like: Nurbirgring, Suzuka, Le Mans, Top Gear Test Track, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, Madrid, London, Rome, SS R5.

Tracks i dislike: Fuji, Tsukuba, Daytona, Indy.

Tracks i'm on the fence about: Cape Ring, Monza, Toscana, Chamiox, Eiger, Tokyo R246, Laguna Seca.

Tracks i miss fro previous games: Midfield Raceway, Apricot Hill, El Capitan Seattle, Opera Paris, Citta Di Aria, Amalfi Coast, Motegi.

Hmm... well I think that Rome is one of the better city circuits they've made.

In my opinion the old track named "Italy" back in GT3 was better.
I think the old track was longer, this new one is too short for my liking.

And when it comes to Cape Ring, I am starting to hate the bowl section and the huge jump they put in there. Ok so it's a imaginary track so I think maybe I could get used to the bowl... but the huge jump? Don't get me wrong I do know racers sometimes catch some air even if they're not rallying... but... the track could have done without the huge jump IMO. I also don't know why they added a jump at Deep Forest just before the first corner. I hate that too. But I find myself hating tracks less after I get some laps on them. I will never ever get used to the jump on cape ring and I will never like the lenght of the Full Cape Ring and London will always be a track for karts IMO.

I absolutely love Cape Ring Inside with a less powerful car and Cape Ring South is also awesome.
The fast left turning corners before the Start/Finish line at These versions remind me ot the Turn 8 at Turkey from F1.
I wish they had Spa in the game. Also I really am starting to mis Midfield and Apricott Hill. :(

**Dear Polyphony Digital, if you're listening please add Midfield and Apricott Hill to the game**​

Last edited: