Favorite Presenter?

Favorite Presenter?

• Total voters
I'd love for The Wilman & co. to stumble upon this thread once the votes are tallied up. "Internet geeks prefer May" will be the headline on his blog, and Clarkson will accuse May of grooming lonely car nerds all over the world. I for one am looking forward to it.

JC is still my favorite.

I'd love for The Wilman & co. to stumble upon this thread once the votes are tallied up. "Internet geeks prefer May" will be the headline on his blog, and Clarkson will accuse May of grooming lonely car nerds all over the world. I for one am looking forward to it.

And I wish for James we'd done this poll before he agreed on his new salary. :D

After seeing the votes so far I'm a little surprised that The Captain is first, I love him and all, but I kinda expected it'd be Jezza, but I'm thinking it has to do with his nerdy appeal. Do you think people with lives would prefer him best as well? Does anyone here actually have any friends outside of this forum? If not then I guess we're just gonna have to stick with our biased results. :lol:

I don't blame those of you who can't decide, it was hard for me as well. Perhaps I should have included c***man though, just to see how many votes he didn't get.

Final Gear Cake

FG1: Mmmm, om nom nom, I really like cake
FG2: Mmmm, well you may like cake but I love cake
FG3: Mmmm, sponge cake is my favourite, absolutely delicious, it's better than all the others
FG4: Mmmm, last night's cake was lovely, but not as good as the cake I had in 06
FG5: Mmmm, British cake is superb, I've heard the Americans and the Australians are going to try and make cake, I bet they make pie by mistake, it'll be horrible
FG6: Mmmm, we all agree that cake is wonderful, but if we were going to hate cake, which part of the cake would we hate the most
FG7: Mmmm, I like cake, but I'm sure cake used to be more about the culinary effort whereas now it's all about the entertainment of eating, this makes me sad
FG8: Mmmm, I absolutely hate sponge cake, only chocolate cake is worth my attention
FG9: Oh noes, why are they always insulting my country's cake?
FG10: Mmmm, racially insensitive and politically incorrect cake, not sure if I'm supposed to like it
FG11: Mmmm, get a sense of taste, it's only cake
FG12: Poll: Flour, eggs or butter - which is your favourite ingredient.

The end

Crash

:lmao: How true.

It has to be James for me too. Gentlemanly qualities, fantastic personality and Eyes that are to die for. :thumbsup:

In an old thread i said: (about which one is the most replaceable)

Honestly?

"Gun to your head" decision, you all wouldn't choose Hammond? James and Jeremy are irreplaceable (despite james himself being a replacement), but Hammond is just a generic BBC presenter who probably just raised his hand at the office when they said "Hey guys, we need a third host for the new Top gear, anyone want the job"?

Link: http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/do-you-like-richard-hammond-24566/page-2/#post606261

I got negative bombed for it, but now my redemption is near. Sorry Hammond heaven girls, despite them being all irreplaceable, Hammond is the most replaceable! :cool:

Oh this is eeeeeeasy: James May all the way !! (see what I just did there ?)

Why ? Well, that's obvious:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8XJBy0K0A[/YOUTUBE]

He is such a proper bloke.

Last edited:
Of me and my 2 really good friends, it's weird that one of is clearly has the personality of JC, one has a Hamster-like personality, and the third is very James May.

I voted JC, b/c I cannot vote for The Stig.

Aston Martin is the quiet bloke in the corner with his pint of best and a crossword. And then suddenly he decides he has had enough, so he gets up, he takes them all outside and he gives them a bloody good hiding.

Go, James, Go! :clap:

I'm actually quite surprised...I was pretty sure Richard would be last, mainly because what others have alredy said, he's a generic presenter and the most replaceable (though I love him and wouldn't ever want to replace him) but JM beating JC 75-43 is a surprise...
To me JC is Top Gear. The show would never be what it is today without him.
JM is great no doubt, but is not as crucial to TG as JC...And I do believe JC's car tests are the best of the lot, we just had so many of them when compared to the other 2 that we stopped respecting them as they should be. His tests are always entertaining, funny, have the best analogies.....in the world and are simply fun.

My vote definitely goes to JC.

As presenters on TG, I like them equally.

So, driving wise - I will concur with Jackie Stewart's assertion that James is possibly the best driver out of all three of them.:)

Since:
a) He maxed the Veyron at over 400kph (Quicker than JC & RH)
b) He's was schooled by Jackie Stewart and listened! (Unlike JC with Sabine @ the Nordschleife.)
c) He beat Tim Schrick in the final race at Zolder. (11x06) ;)

James all the way for me, I think he has the most charisma out of the three and seems to be the most down to earth out of the three. Clarkson is great of course but he is the most over exposed of the three on the show and his jokes and rants can become repetitive.

May

"Can I make it absolutely clear, here, now, that I'm only here because the producers said I had to be. I don't like snow, I hate being cold, I hate outdoor pursuits, I hate the idea that I've got to "push my body to find the limit," I can't stand this stupid clothing that makes this rustling noise when you move all the time, and I hate the zips, and the toggles, and all the pockets, and that and I hate your stupid truck"

You know what they say about the cake....but I won't spoil Portal for you.

THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
:cry:

It's surprising to see James is first. I really like his stuff but I didn't think so many people did. Overall though, I have to go for Jeremy, with James a very close second.

Finally!

Finally!

After lurking about here for a couple of years, this is what finally drove me to register. I needed to get in and add my voice to the chorus singing the praises of Mr James May.

Yes, the show is what it is because of all three. That said, when I've watched various programmes where each hosts individually, I find James by far the most interesting to watch. He's the one I'd most like to have as a friend, or at least a regular at my local. Jazza may be the life of the party, but at the end of the night, you want him to go home. You want James to stay for the weekend so the pair of you can fiddle about in the shed. As for Hammond, he'd nick all your hair care products. :D