Favorite Stadiums

The Olympic Stadium in Berlin. Not so much as a real sportsarena to enjoy sports ... but on a design-level. Sublime combination of old and new.

Panorama_Berliner_Olympiastadion-Glockenturm.jpg

800px-Berliner_Olympiastadion_leer_Panorama.jpg

Last edited:
How can a seemingly intelligent man be sooooo wrong. :p Fenway all day everyday.

Thank you! I was gonna post some pics of Fenway, but you beat me to it.

On September 11, 1976, I went to Fenway to see the Sox play the Cleveland Indians. It was a thrill for this 10 year old to see the heroes he'd only seen on TV and baseball cards. To get to see the greats like Carl Yastremski, Carleton Fisk, Luis Tiant, Fred Lynn and Dwight Evans was just the coolest thing ever. The Sox lost, 5 to 6, but I didn't care - I was at Fenway!

I plan on moving back home to New Hampshire this summer and I hope to take my nephew Jon to a game or two this season.

Funny that White Sox played here vs our 1A team yesterday and manager said the minor league ballpark was better than Wrigley. :)

Funny that White Sox played here vs our 1A team yesterday and manager said the minor league ballpark was better than Wrigley. :)

Thats because the White Sox wouldn't know their ass from their foot. Also they play in a park that is literally in the ghetto, a park where you don't stick around after night games. So take that with a grain of salt.

A lot of baseball parks seemed to be in or near the ghetto.

I`ve always liked the University of Texas at El Paso`s stadium The Sun Bowl. I like how it is literally carved into the mountain.

IMG_0537_tx_20.jpg

front.jpg

I also really like the stadium used by the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks of the Nippon Baseball League. I just love the roof...how it looks like a bird covering it`s nest...works really well with the team name.

yahoo_dome.jpg

japanliving.1127177040.10.jpg

3613531668_94014cbceb_z.jpg

Psh, y'all can ramble on about Fenway this or Wrigley that :p, but how about the park that basically set the bar for most baseball stadiums that followed it? Possibly one of the nicest places to sit and take in a baseball game in the late spring/early summer; Oriole Park at Camden Yards:

hIiEP.jpg

(note: while the crowd pictured is pretty much accurate for an O's homegame of late, the top screen has been replaced with a fancy-pants HD display, and the right field display has also been updated)

And another stadium near and dear to my heart, Penn State's Beaver Stadium. Just you and 107,000 of your closest friends:
4eYTt.jpg

edit: love the big ten (twelve?) presence on FG. :D

Last edited:
Red Bull Arena: Harrison, NJ (Home :cool:)
Red_Bull_Arena_Harrison.jpg

Red-Bull-Arena.jpg

6251454.jpg

When I get time I can't wait to go to a game at Beaver Stadium in the Student Section since I'm currently enrolled at PSU :)

Ooh...it's weird, but I really like it.

Central-Arkansas-Field.jpg

Shakhtar Donetsk home field Donbass Arena is pretty cool:

Donbass_Arena.jpg

Donbass_Arena_7.jpg

DONBASS_ARENA%29.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh, wouldn't mind sitting there^ watching Barcelona get beat:)