Favourite long running joke/saga

My pick would be Clarkson's buying and owning of the GT40.. As Hammond said: ' I can't wait for you to get this thing so it can start ruining your life'* :mrgreen:
*paraphrasing

Clarkson never owned a GT40.. He owned a GT.. :p

Smashing into James's car during cheap car challenges. It's silly and it gets me every. single. time.

Dacia Sandero for me.

How hard can it be?

I like the Captain moniker and the way they change it when James does something particularly amusing or stupid or James... Captain Sense Of Direction, Captain Backdoor (TG Live), Captain Sensible, etc...

I also enjoy them heckling Hammond over his teeth whitening denials.

constant insulting of the americans and germans.

Every time they get to ambitious but it all ends in rubishness

Bumping James' car during challenges (I'll make a video with all the times that has been done so far in quick succession sometime soon)

The Ford GT saga was definitely the best saga. Best running joke is probably Jeremy's impression of James.

Smashing into James's car during cheap car challenges. It's silly and it gets me every. single. time.

Dacia Sandero for me.

How hard can it be?

I like the Captain moniker and the way they change it when James does something particularly amusing or stupid or James... Captain Sense Of Direction, Captain Backdoor (TG Live), Captain Sensible, etc...

Every time they get to ambitious but it all ends in rubishness

Well, like these and all of them really. I thought I was the only one judging by some of the comments made in s14, pleased that?s not the case. :)

the GT saga was great...loved when Jeremy was sucking up to Ford with the cool wall, reviews and the classic/crock wall. I also like the TG Awards :)

Hammond crashing into May doesn't really amuse me anymore....he must really know how to hold a grudge since James was the one who started it in the first cheap car challenge, just let it go already, Richard.

Last edited:
Jeremy's love for repairing everything, with a Hammer! :mrgreen:

I loved that scene...there was teeth whitner on Hammond's desk, Stig photocopying his head, and a picture of Will Young on Jeremy's desk. My favorite running gag though is James and the war/Germans.

Fantastic, I never noticed this. I had to download 13x02 to check it out.

This is my favorite.

EDIT: I also love reading the clever sponsor names for their race cars.

Last edited:
Easy.

Clarkson's oafishness.

How JC introduces Stig, two jokes 1) Some outlandish example statement about Stig not being human 2) Some political/current event joke...i.e. ripping on Tiger Woods or politicians...great stuff

We don't hear it all the time but James May deliberately mispronouncing words:
i.e Hyundai i10 = i-e-o and the recent Gocycle

Also one of my recent favs is the "-ist" to the end of words:
i.e french-ist, lorry-ist