Favourite Motorsport Video Game

zenon

What is everyone's favourite motorsport video game?

I'm a complete Gran Turismo 3 addict, but I also throw in a bit of Need for Speed: Underground (for my weekly dose of rice) and the odd stage of Colin McRae 2 (I'm not a fan of any of the new versions).

Gran Turismon 3 and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, my two fav.

they offer respectively, true race sim and best arcade racer.

None of those you mentioned can measure up to the driving feel of Grand Prix Legends.
The closest thing is the GTR-mod to F1 2002 (and F1C). The rest are games, not sims.

I'm sure it would be one of the Gran Turismo if I had a chance to play them.. but I don't have a PS or PS2..

So far I'd say Live For Speed. It's still under developpement so the graphics areN,t up to the NFS level yet but it's a simulation and pretty realistic that's why it's so great :) Plus htye have so much more coming into that game I can't wait until next releases! :D

Gran Turismo 3 is really really fun to play with all the assisting things turned off. Steering set to simulation, no traction control etc.

It makes it brutally difficult to finish laps in unbalanced cars. Cars that naturally create a lot of traction and have good power\weight ratios are even more fun to drive to! Trying to get a Shelby Cobra with 500+ horsepower around a track becomes incredibly challenging (as it should be). :mrgreen:

CMR4 is pretty fun.

I'm a diehard NFS fan - specifically NFS IV: Hot Pursuit (ps - go here: www.nfsg.net ) I don't own NFS:UG yet, but plan on getting it when the price goes down to something like $20 CDN 8) . I'm a student, see, and money is pretty tight :x

I'm glad to see no one has mentioned the Project Gotham series! :p
I swear Mario Kart has more realistic driving physics than that game.

zenon said:
I'm glad to see no one has mentioned the Project Gotham series! :p
I swear Mario Kart has more realistic driving physics than that game.

Yeah the physics engine does suck on PGR, my fav would be NFS:HP2

i would say my NEXT favorite would be Grand Turismo 4, i've seen some videos of it and its 5 times better than Grand Turusmo 3

yeah but with all the delays, by the time it comes out i will have gray hair, 2 kids and a stuid dog that just sits there.

justin syder said:
yeah but with all the delays, by the time it comes out i will have gray hair, 2 kids and a stuid dog that just sits there.

Any game that will let me race a 70s BMW 2002, a Jaguar E-Type, a 60s Aston Martin DB6, Datsun 240Z, Lamborghini Miura, and a Toyota 2000GT is worth wating that long for! :p

Plus, think of the multiplayer era specific races that would be possible: only 70s imports, 80s sports cars, vintage super cars!

Also, with Polyphony Digital you know if they are delaying the game, they aren't sitting on their asses. They'll be putting in even more cool stuff!

Makinen said:
None of those you mentioned can measure up to the driving feel of Grand Prix Legends.

Is Grand Prix Legends avaiable for any consoles or is it a PC game? I prefer driving street cars in games rather than race cars, but if it is that realistic than it may be worth a try.

yeah I hated PD2 until I found the PRO simulation mode. Much more realistic.

But the morons could have used the classic arcade or simulation! When I saw simulation checked I thought I had the right one! Fortunately I tried changing it before deleting it. I like the game now

I've got Pro Race Driver for Playstation 2 (also made by Codemasters and uses the same physics engine as Colin McRae 3 and TOCA2), but I just don't find it all that fun to play. I'm not exactly sure why, but I just do not enjoy playing the game at all.

I love picking up Gran Turismo 3 every now and then to bang out a few races in my RX-7 LM race car, but I haven't played Pro Race Driver in 6 months.

I'll have to give TOCA2 a try, maybe it will be more fun.

Gran Turismo is the only one I play. Had all 3, but for me I wish the saved lap record feature had continued past GT1. Don't understand why they left that out. After playing for years that is the only challenge left