Favourite Motorsport Video Game

kenezzite said:
In the final version of GT4, it will have up to 500 cars; and you can take the car on the any track in the came and take a picture and print it. At least thats what the makers have been talkin about. Thats why its taking them so long to make it.

Where did you hear you can take a picture of a car and print it?

I've been reading pretty much everything there is to read on Gran Turismo 4 and I've never heard any mention of a print feature, let alone a Playstation 2 printer to print pictures.

And even though GT4 Prologue is just a demo, I would still absolutely love to get my hands on a copy. I really don't care that it has a limited car and track selection, worse graphics or car physics (technically it actually has graphic and physics almost identical to what will be found in the final version of the game)... GT4 Prologue is still a chance to play an amazing game quite a few months before it arrives.

zenon said:
haha604 said:
The stuff that ESPNSTI posted is the in game stuff. I have GT4 Prologue and its graphical quality is similar to that in the vid.

Where did you manage to get GT4 Prologue in Canada? Did you have to order it, or did you get it somewhere in Vancouver?

My PS2 is a modded Japanese model so I can play Japanese games without any problems. As to how I got GT4 prologue, I downloaded it off the net. Prologue gives you an idea of what GT4 will be like, but I don't think it is something worth paying for. I rather save the 50 bucks I was quoted for the Prologue for the final product.

There is a import game shop on the second floor of Metropolis, next to the Swatch shop. It is expensive though; expect >$80 for new Jpn games.

Zenon, PS2 has USB ports, thats where you hook up the printer. And everything i said i read that in a gamers magazine so i think it's all true.

Well I tried another demo to see what it's all about.
This time I tried Race Driver 2.
The good news is they improved the physics over Race Driver 1.
The bad news is that it still isn't all that good.

I set it to "pro simulation" :roll: and the Jaguar E-Type handling seemed at least reasonable, but perhaps a bit too easy.
Also the opponents weren't that good, even with their difficulty set to 100+% I managed to win a 3 lap race with me spinning just before the last corner :roll: (I had that much of a lead, and I wasn't even concentrating hard).

As for the DTM cars, it seemed to have .... weird.... handling, it seemed if you even turned a half a degree on your steering wheel, you'd practically crash into the wall.
With the sensitivity turned way down some of that was still there, but it was a lot better.

The V8 Supercars handling was somewhat believable, but perghaps a bit too forgiving.

Still might be fun to play though.

I really really really wanted to like the first Pro Race Driver. I tried so hard to enjoy it, but the game was just not fun at all.

This one looks a bit better, but for some strange reason it just looks like it is also going to be no fun whatsoever. I still don't understand exactly why I enjoyed Pro Race Driver 1 as little as I did. Maybe the physics, maybe the difficulty, maybe the settings... but in the end it just wasn't fun. It sits on my shelf while Gran Turismo 4 still gets a regular work out 2-3 times a week.

ESPNSTI said:
Well I tried another demo to see what it's all about.
This time I tried Race Driver 2.
The good news is they improved the physics over Race Driver 1.
The bad news is that it still isn't all that good.

I set it to "pro simulation" :roll: and the Jaguar E-Type handling seemed at least reasonable, but perhaps a bit too easy.
Also the opponents weren't that good, even with their difficulty set to 100+% I managed to win a 3 lap race with me spinning just before the last corner :roll: (I had that much of a lead, and I wasn't even concentrating hard).

As for the DTM cars, it seemed to have .... weird.... handling, it seemed if you even turned a half a degree on your steering wheel, you'd practically crash into the wall.
With the sensitivity turned way down some of that was still there, but it was a lot better.

The V8 Supercars handling was somewhat believable, but perghaps a bit too forgiving.

Still might be fun to play though.

yeah wasnt a fan of it... they tried to simulate too many diffrent series so none of them is really realistic and opponents are too easy

No kidding, just for the hell of it, I set the opponent strength to the max (110%), i started last (there seems to be some qualifying glitch, the opponents were qualifying as much as 25 seconds faster than me in DTM, when i was driving a very good lap :lol: ).
Anyway, during the 3 lap classic cars race i easily finished 1st coming from dead last :? .

JMM said:
Lately I haven't had much time to play any games :( , but when I do I usually play Gran Turismo 3 (waiting for the next release).

But if you like PC car games then you should try this. It's just a demo and a press release, but it was on many finnish forums then it might be okay to post this here also. Game has extremely good sounds and cars handels also very good. IMO it will be the best car game atleast at the moment.
ftp://anonymous@ftp.gtr.cust.port80.se/gtr_press_demo1.exe
When installing it asks a password and it is GTR_Press_Demo
The final version should come in autumn.
Games developers site http://www.simbin.com

If this link isn't allowed here, then feel free to delete it!

EDIT: file size is around 150MB.
Finally got around to downloading it and it looks damn good!

(Resized from 1600x1200, was running 6xAA)

gtr_press_demo_lotus.jpg

I can't seem to be able to go over 48 MPH though. :?

Ah, thanks! :lol:

Now if there we only other cars...

I mean against other cars.