Ferrari 458 vs F-150

I find it funny the youtube ad on the bottom was find asian dates in your area.

Not that I'm a too big a Ferrari enthusiast but I really like the 458 Italia.

So I hope the F-150 driver isn't insured and needs to sell his house to pay for the damage :p

Not that I'm a too big a Ferrari enthusiast but I really like the 458 Italia.

So I hope the F-150 driver isn't insured and needs to sell his house to pay for the damage :p

Actualy the Ferrari douche owner was at fault here....overtaking were it wasen't allowed.

I hope that poor man in his F150 gets 5 billion dollars in compensation for emotional trauma :p

Well, looks like the Ferrari had the right of way. It doesn't matter in that case, if he was overtaking where it was allowed or not. The one who hasn't the right of way, must pay attention and keep his eyes open in both directions.

However, there have been cases, when people with the right of way got a share of the fault for speeding. I don't know, if that was the case here.

Well, looks like the Ferrari had the right of way. It doesn't matter in that case, if he was overtaking where it was allowed or not. The one who hasn't the right of way, must pay attention and keep his eyes open in both directions.

However, there have been cases, when people with the right of way got a share of the fault for speeding. I don't know, if that was the case here.

If I were the cop I'd give the 458 guy 100% of the tickets here. The guy in the Ford couldn't have avoided this.

This is such an ironic metaphor for simplistic and somewhat barbaric american culture destroying european finesse and sophistication :p

Ran across this on another forum...

Originally Posted By capt205:
OK guys...here's the story. I know, because my Engine ran the call.

Ferrari is NB on the road, approaching an intersection, but has not reached the begining of the left turn lane, and traffic is backed up. So at this point, he is in a 2 way, 2 lane, North/South road.

Truck is exiting a parking lot on East side of road, attempting to turn left (South). Traffic pauses to allow truck out (common, at this intersection, as it often backs up 2-3 blocks). N/B lane is stopped, S/B lane is clear to make his turn.

Ferrari guy gets impatient and enters S/B lane, attempting to get around stopped traffic, to get to the turn lane, and not have to sit through at least 1, and probably 2 more light cycles.

Ferrari guy does not see Ford, resulting in a T/C.

These are the FACTS,

Discuss...

Figured this was the case. Dumbass essentially driving the wrong way down the street.

Yeah, probably. Brakes are shit on those trucks :p

Any you know this because you have extensive experience driving one?

Or because they are not made in das vaterland filled with uber-menschen, so they must be inferior right.......

Any you know this because you have extensive experience driving one?

Or because they are not made in das vaterland filled with uber-menschen, so they must be inferior right.......

Why do you turn every tongue-in-cheek remark of mine into an allegation of chauvinism? :rolleyes:

If you must know, I was referring to a recent review in German car magazine Auto Bild, where they tested the VW Amarok against its competitors. Also I know some guys here owning trucks. It's really worrying, then the brake discs of such 3-ton vehicles aren't bigger than my Golf's...

Last edited:
just some stuff to add to this:

florida is a "no fault" state, so that means its up to the insurance companies to battle it out.

this happened in Tampa but i cant see where.

Also how has nobody said this yet:

this is Ferraris first attempt at the new 2011 F150 F1 car

Last edited:
It's really worrying, then the brake discs of such 3-ton vehicles aren't bigger than my Golf's...

The VW may have small brakes, but the new F-150's brakes are a bit more substantial than a Golf's. 13.8" (350mm) front and 13.7" (348 mm) rear.

Why do you turn every tongue-in-cheek remark of mine into an allegation of chauvinism? :rolleyes:

If you must know, I was referring to a recent review in German car magazine Auto Bild, where they tested the VW Amarok against its competitors. Also I know some guys here owning trucks. It's really worrying, then the brake discs of such 3-ton vehicles aren't bigger than my Golf's...

So :

Actual knowledge and experience with an F150 = zero

Second hand opinions seen in a GERMAN magazine were they test a (supposedly) GERMAN truck against it's 'competitors' : dominant.
Yeah , base your opinions on articles written by people who seem to not even realise an F150 is not even remotly in the amoraks class (a hi-lux or a navara is for example).......makes sence :rolleyes:

When you have driven and e-braked a '3ton truck' call me......

So :

Actual knowledge and experience with an F150 = zero

Second hand opinions seen in a GERMAN magazine were they test a (supposedly) GERMAN truck against it's 'competitors' : dominant.
Yeah , base your opinions on articles written by people who seem to not even realise an F150 is not even remotly in the amoraks class (a hi-lux or a navara is for example).......makes sence :rolleyes:

When you have driven and e-braked a '3ton truck' call me......

I apologize for obviously having wounded your manhood.

Last edited: