Ferrari Leave Formula 1

ok dont say 1/10 of what it is, ?40M is $60M which is 1/5 of 300M you said. In reality it will be like 1/4 I think. Drivers will be paid and thats not counted and engines also so its not as bad as you say it is. I think $100M would be a better cap.

Fair enough, I got the figures wrong but the point was that we are talking about several hundred million dollars here.

Am I the only who is upset about how the FIA arbitrarily has decided to cut budgets and by that cut hundreds if not thousands of engineers jobs? Going from 100-400m to 40 is going to cause a lot of people to lose jobs. But Bernie needs them checks!

this is so stupid.

i hope they do quit and it's only brawn, force india and williams next year. then everyone will say to themselves "Why do i keep watching this shit" and then and only then will they be forced to create a racing series that isnt a complete fucking joke with teams threatening to leave and taking others to court over aero pieces.

Am I the only who is upset about how the FIA arbitrarily has decided to cut budgets and by that cut hundreds if not thousands of engineers jobs? Going from 100-400m to 40 is going to cause a lot of people to lose jobs. But Bernie needs them checks!

Exactly.

I bet his fortune has dropped 20-25% because of this crisis.
Didn't he lose a few places/lost his place on one of those "richest people in Britain" lists sometime earlier this year? I remember reading it somewhere (will try to find the link) and thinking "Ooo he's not going to like that one bit, that's going to make him even grumpier this year" :|

Didn't he lose a few places/lost his place on one of those "richest people in Britain" lists sometime earlier this year? I remember reading it somewhere (will try to find the link) and thinking "Ooo he's not going to like that one bit, that's going to make him even grumpier this year" :|

He GAINED a few places, Bernie is 100% liquid.

^We all know that the irresistible force kicks the immovable objects butt with 561000 against 259000 hits on google..

He's still a dickhead though.

How the hell did F1 become the "spec" series that it is today?

F1 will go on, but F1 needs Ferrari a lot more than Ferrari needs F1.

F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing. That means speed, technology and prestige. Having a 'two-tiered' series with caps and yet more complex regulations will only serve to hurt F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75324

No agreement between teams and FIA

By Jonathan Noble Friday, May 15th 2009, 15:40 GMT

The FIA's crunch meeting with teams ended without agreement on Friday as the governing body refused to compromise over plans for a two-tier category.

Max Mosley said there had been 'friendly' discussions with teams but that the FIA was not willing to back down over its plans for a ?40 million cap.

Teams have now gone into another meeting to discuss their response to the FIA's stance.

Furthermore, it emerged during the meeting that Ferrari has lodged legal action in the French courts to block the 2010 rules - claiming their introduction was a breach of a technical veto they had.

More to follow

Stalemate.

This is bound to get messy now.

I hate FIA so much, just what exactly do they do? The teams bring us the show, and FIA? Lawyers to profit from these teams?

Oh boy... The stalemate between FIA and teams aside, the legal action against FIA regarding to the ruling could be a major problem for everyone involved.