Ferrari Leave Formula 1

I think FOTA's website has crashed. I can't seem to get onto it. :|

Sabotage?

Good. Fuck Mosley. I'd imagine Bernie will be pissed too as this should mean the F1 rights take a big hit in value.

It's far from over. Teams and Mosley will meet on friday, plus there's a high possibility of FIA + FOM vs Ferrari + Red Bull lawsuits, but i like what FOTA is doing. Crisis is a perfect time for major investments, doesn't matter if teams oppose the new rules, FIA constantly changing regulations as a "method" or perhaps Bernie moving races around all the time, they may simply want to keep 100% of the revenue, instead of the current 47%.

I am, however, surprised FOTA already announced a breakaway championship. It almost looks like they had the "option" cooking for weeks or even months, simply waiting for a final excuse to pull out of F1, unless all their suggestions would've been accepted by FIA. What they lack, however, is a "King". FOTA has great managers, engineers, drivers, but one person is needed to keep a strong, impartial, mostly unpopular foot on everything, Jean Todt any1?

It seesm FOTA knew what they were doing. TheTimesOnline posted "Share your thoughs on F1 Breakaway", 38/40 said they were on FOTA side and will watch the series, 2 said they were tired of all the politics and want some races, so there's 95% retaining of F1 ratings.

Last edited:
however, is a "King", they have great managers, engineers, drivers, but one person is needed to keep a strong, impartial, mostly unpopular foot on everything, Jean Todt any1?

nah, Ron Dennis mentioned this before he retired from McLaren. He said that no team manager is truly capable of making an unbiased decision at critical moments.

Good. Fuck 'em.

Really, the only thing I was worried about was whether the FOTA "family" would stay together and form their own series, or just splinter off and everyone do their own thing. I'm quite pleased that they're all working together to make a new series.

What's going to be crucial is how they form this new series. I imagine it won't be very hard, as I imagine most of the rules will stay the same (since that would cut down costs a whole lot) next year... it's just the finer details that may cause some spats.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMN
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bombshell and the teams have kissed and made up with FOTA and nothing will have changed. :|